What's new

Mash: The Complete Final Season? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've tagged a question mark to this because I'm curious on whether or not 20th Century Fox is going to consider including the Series Finale, in the final boxed set or if they are planning a special stand alone DVD. I'd rather have it included in the final seasons et as it's still considered a combination of multiple episodes, about 4 or 5 episodes all bunched together, HEH!

Anyone have any ideas on this? If they don't include it, then it won't be a complete season set.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I just bought the season 10 and inside it, it gives the release date of the season 11. I forgot what it was! (Maybe November?). Anyway inside it there is no mention that the finale will not be on the final season.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
The final season only consisted of 15 episodes (if one excludes the 5 episode finale'), so I would definitely think that the two-hour plus final episode (Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen) will be included.

The more pertinent questions might be:

1. Will Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen be presented as five individual episodes (as in syndication) or as one two hour plus movie (as it was originally broadcast)?

2. Will we see any of the M*A*S*H retrospectives with this release (there have been at least two that I'm aware of); or any other bonus-type material?

Personally, I'm hoping that Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen will be presented as a movie; and that we'll also get "Memories of M*A*S*H" which I believe aired in 1991 as a 90 minute special.

It would also be kinda' cool to get the "After M*A*S*H" epsiode that featured the return of Radar. That's probably the only episode from that series that a M*A*S*H fan would want!

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I'm sure it will be presented as one movie. On the previous seasons, all the two parters were presented as one episode.

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the ones that originally aired as such, anyway (with the obvious exception of 'Our Finest Hour").

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Gord has heard anything. SInce the final episode is considered a standard episode, despite the fact that it's a multi-faceted episode, I sure hope it appears on the final season set.

It would be a shame if the Goodbye, Farewell and Amen doesn't appear on the last season set. I wouldn't buy the last episode if Fox decided to make MASH fans pay extra money for an additional DVD. ;(

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard anything, but Fox hasn't announced the set either, they just have a card included in the season 10 set mentioning a November release.

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for chiming in. If you hear anything could you drop a line with the rest of us. I don't know about you, but I've purchased all the previous ten seasons and I wouldn't mind seeing the final episode included on the final set. I would just hate to have an odd looking DVD sitting with the rest of my boxed DVD sets.

Hopefully, Fox will respect the rest of us fans out here and provide the rest of us fans with a complete boxed set. What concerns me is that on top of paying $30 for the final set, if Fox decided to release the finale as a single release DVD and end up paying extra money for an episodic finale that should be on the final set.

Oh, well. I'm sure I'm just voicing everyones thoughts on this issue. Here's hoping that the final set will include that finale. ;)

KennethPe

Auditioning
Real Name
Kenneth
I sure hope that they include a mail-in offer for the "Bonus Features" of MASH.

For the Region 2 release, they have included GFA. I think the same will go for Region 4. Since the card did note "3 Disc", I have no doubt that GFA will be disc 3.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Something strange happened to me last night. I was watching the first episode of season 10 and for the first time I had to turn the laugh track off! I saw all the previous 9 seasons with the laugh track.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks