Martin Logans & SVS

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Edward D., Jul 4, 2003.

1. Edward D.

Edward D. Auditioning

Anybody running Martin Logans with SVS sub? If so,have the results been good? Looking at the Aeon for fronts and rears along with the Theater center and adding a PB2+ to the mix. Any experiences or opinions whould be welcome.

Thanks - Ed

2. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    A friend is running SL3's and a SVS 25/31pc. Sounds very good together. I am wanting to replace my Energy Veritas with ML to run with my 16/46pci's. Judging from his theater, I know it will sound incredible.

Jeff Aguilar

Here is a link to my friends web site with his SL3's.

Erik Farstad's Web Page

3. DannyL

DannyL Stunt Coordinator

i used to run sl3's with an svs 20-39+ subwoofer. pretty good combination for home theater and music. what amp are you using? logans require a lot of power.

4. Edward D.

Edward D. Auditioning

For the amp I am looking at the Rotel 1095 (200x5)or the Parasound 2205 (220x5). I heard the Aeon's today for the first time and was amazed at the clarity of these speakers. I took several of my most familiar cd's and was hearing things that I never heard before. They are fantastic. I am sold on the sound of electrostats! They were running them on a B&K 150 watt amp and a Sony mid level cd player.

Thanks for the reply.

- Ed

5. LarrySkelly

LarrySkelly Stunt Coordinator

I'm running a pair of reQuests with 16-46 PC's.

I was originally running the Logan's off of a Marantz SR-8000 receiver. I wanted more bass for 2-channel music, I wondered what the switch was on the back of the reQuests to lower the bass level. Could not figure out who would use it.

I added the pair of 16-46 PC's for HT use. I purchased an external crossover (Paradigm) so I could run the subs for two channel in the Marantz source direct mode. I found that they added too much bass unless I dialed the level way back from what I use for HT. Was not happy with the sound, stuck with Source Direct mode with no subs.

Then I bought a Bryston 4B-ST to drive the fronts. Lots of power and clarity, possibly a bit more bass at lower levels.

Finally added a Classe SSP-50 pre-pro. Noticed a huge increase in the amount of bass. Huge difference from when I was using the Marantz receiver as the pre-amp. Have more than enough bass now. All because of a superior pre-amp.

So I think it all depends on your electronics.

By the way, the Marantz receiver is a stellar piece of equipment, inpressive as hell, drove the 'Logans for 2 years, along with the other surround speakers, with pretty good sound.