What's new

Married with Children Season Three? (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
It's been a while since Season Two, and seeing how the first two seasons came out rather snappy (5 months apart, right?), I've started wondering (and worrying) where Season Three is. Any sign it's coming out soon? I mean, we're geting November announcements now...

John*P

Second Unit
Well, Married with Children DVD sets are made by Columbia, and they are notorious for taking a very long time to release season sets of their shows. I was checking some release dates on tvshowsondvd.com and I believe some shows take over a year to get another season released!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Columbia has had some interesting release patterns for some of there shows in fact the word pattern really doesn't apply since a pattern would seem to indicate a trend and they haven't really set any with any of their releases.

I'd say that the facts suggest that there will be a season 3 release.

Consider, that in order to test the possibility of releasing season sets of MWC, Columbia released a couple of "Best of Volumes"

Consider that you then got season 1 which tells me that those best ofs must have done reasonably well.

Then consider that season 2 came to DVD rather quickly after season 1.

Also consider that most info indicates that season sets of a show sell in the same range as previous releases so if S1 of a show sells a million copies than S2 will sell somewhere in that ballpark as well. This is what Fox has found, but I don't think its a stretch to suggest that this applies to all studios really.

So, I highly doubt there was some sort of dramatic drop in sales of S2 that would prevent S3 from being released. Plus, to me the fact that there was an S2 release is a good enough sign. I mean ok, Mad About You got 2 season releases and its not looking good right now, but studios are smarter about this process than even a couple of years ago when that hit on DVD for the first time.

But, as was mentioned since this is Columbia you could see something before the end of the year, or it could be until March 2005 or later before a season 3 release, but I'd say given how short of a time there was between S1 and S2 that these must be selling pretty well for them and are probably a higher priority than shows that are slow sellers.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I was thinking that the other day. Season 2 was released in March. Season 3 would be at least October now. At that rate they won't get through 13 seasons before the extinction of the medium, or humanity. Of course, there are a lot of long running shows that haven't even started DVD releases.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I've been wondering about this one as well.
I hope we start to hear something soon. :frowning:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Leave it to Columbia. I hope we see season three before the end of the year. It annoys me how month after month, CTS continues releasing other shows, in addition to a plethora of NEW ones, yet some of the highly anticipated ones (Jeffersons, MWC, etc) get put on the back burner.

I know many state that the reason other shows are being produced at a faster pace is because of high sales. But come on. You can't honestly tell me Married...With Children isn't selling. Yet, we're left to sit and wait. The same can be said about "The Jeffersons". One of the most popular sitcoms from the 70s, and the last we get is season 2.........a year and a half ago.

It's crazy. I just hope they wake up and get some of these other ones released.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I'm wondering, season one had the reunion special and season 2 had easter egg outtakes from the special. What's left. Does the pressure to add new value to DVD sets delay and sometimes even prevent releases of shows. The Partridge Family comes to mind. Personally, for old shows, I just want complete uncut episodes, which exist elsewhere. Faster, cheaper, no extras sounds good to me. Happy Days, for example, sounds fine.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I doubt they're waiting so they can add extras. They don't usually support extra features on their TV DVDs, other than trailers for other products of theirs you can buy...

Michael_CPC

Agent
I desperately want this to come out ASAP. Lack of extras should bring it out quicker! :)

Anywho, if they did have extras, what would you want them to be?

I've never seen the E! True Hollywood Story of MWC. That'd be interesting. Howabout the original pilot episode? Dare I say it... Commentaries?

Then again, I don't even consider Season 2 to have special features. They were just snippets from the reunion special.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

The 2 examples you gave are not the same thing though. I'm sure MWC is selling well given that season 2 came out pretty quickly after season 1 was released, and considering that before they even produced season 1 they put out 2 best of DVDs to gage whether or not to produce season sets. So you have to wait 5 months for an announcement, I'm pretty sure that's about average for a show. Its not like we're seeing season 1 of a show and 3 or 4 weeks later we're seeing season 2 of a show, so 5 months isn't that long or uncommon for TV on DVD, in fact I'd say its pretty quick all things considered.

Mash season 1 came out 1/8/2002 and season 6 just came out 6/8/2002 so you do the math.

As for the Jeffersons, just because it was popular in the 1970's doesn't mean its going to sell well on DVD. If popularity were any kind of a guarantee of sales success, I'd probably have Mary Tyler Moore season 2 and beyond right now and M*A*S*H would be up at the top of the sales charts.

Now as for the Nov. 30 date, lord let this be true...

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well, the annoucement comes from Pavan Badal who owns the Jack's Bistro website. A person whom Gord and David trust judging by previous news articles surrounding "Three's Company", etc. He's provided them with plenty of news & vice versa. I have no reason to doubt that this is legit.

On that note................

WOOOOOOOOOOOAH BUNDY!!!

Can't wait for season 3!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It's NOT coming out on November 30th (not even this year), and the Three's Company date we posted is wrong.

Gord

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Of course they push back one of my favorite seasons until 2005.

And I was so looking forward to it this fall. They will probably start their one release every year or two or ten like they did with All in the Family. Oh well.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well there goes my buzz......on both counts. lol. I was really looking forward to these sets (especially MWC). On the positive side, I have a truckload of sets to purchase in the next few months so it's probably for the best anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks