What's new

Marantz remote questions. RC SR18 vs RC2000 MKII ?? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I have an SR 8000. It came with an RC 2000 MK II as the previous owner had to replace the RC SR18 because it broke. I would like to reset the RC2000 MKII remote control completely, I was hoping, to the values I see in the SR 8000 owners manual. I haven't been able to reset it. Am I doing something wrong? I go into Learn mode and I press Clear and the ON and OFF buttons simultaneously. It asks CLR? (thats not exactly what is displayed, I can't recall right now) and I press OK. It takes a little while and comes back. I change from LEARN to USE mode and the commands for AMP, the DIRECT 1 through 4 are all still the same! The rest of the commands are reset, but not the 4 DIRECT sections for AMP. I want to reset those. Any help would be appreciated.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can reset individual buttons to the factory default, though I can't remember how right now. I think you are resetting only one source setting as well, you have to be in the menu for the source you want to reset. I'm not sure there really is a way to reset the entire remote, because it never worked for me either.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Ah-hah. Interesting. Thanx :) Do you know if the RC2000 MKII and the RC SR18 are identical in most respects, or are there any differences?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think any differences between the two are very minimal. I'll have to check, but I think I have the manual in PDF format. I lost my hard copy.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Right. I was hoping to get the Direct buttons back to the values that are shown in the SR 8000 owners manual, that is, if the values are the same for the OEM remote and for the RC2000 MK II :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks