What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Manhunt: Deadly Games (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The story of the Atlanta Olympic bombings. The advertising says broadcast, on demand, and streaming. Since It’s on CBS Network, I assumed it would be on CBS All Access. So far I haven’t found it there or anywhere but broadcast. Fortunately I set it up to record. My Tivo 1Pass wasn’t going to record it until I told it to record ALL episodes and not just new. Apparently it was first broadcast in February. I missed that pass, didn’t know about it at all.

After one episode, I like it. It’s portraying a lot of turf wars between the FBI and ATF and the ATF loses quickly. However there’s a couple of ATF dudes, one of which readily knows his stuff, who are conducting their own independent investigation.

The first episode has grabbed me and we’ll be watching the rest.

Anybody know where it’s supposed to stream?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We have finished watching Deadly Games. We liked it very much as a drama, but I have to wonder how factual it is. I do know the messed with the timeline of things. Richard Jewell, the wrongly accused security guard, was publicly exonerated with 90 days of the bombing but the show leaves the impression the Eric Rudolph being captured and Jewell being cleared happened close to each other in time. I’ll give them that for dramatic purposes.

What I’m left wondering about are these items:
The FBI comes across early on as, well, assholes. It goes all the way to the top with the director.
Kathy Scruggs, a reporter for “put newspaper name here” is a total dirtbag with no redeeming qualities.
Strong implication that Scruggs and FBI colluded to continue accusing Jewell when faced with exonerating evidence.
Rudolph was not a political bomber, he just wanted to kill people. I had always thought he was political.
I think the lead FBI agent, who eventually sees the FBI is wrong, I can’t google his name. I think he’s a composite.

Anyone have any info to clarify any of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks