What's new

Broadcast TV Impeachment: American Crime Story - FX (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I hadn’t thought I’d be interested in this series but reading this thread got me interested. I went into my Tivo and was able to un-delete all of the episodes last night and watched episode 1 last night. I too, did not recognize Cobie Smulders (auto correct wants to change her name to covid).

I have not read in depth about the various personalities. Tripp has always been portrayed as the villain, was she the asshole being portrayed in the series?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Whoooattt? She is famous.

how-i-met-your-mother-que-sont-devenus-les-acteurs-photos.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've definitely heard the name Colbie Smulders but she's in Marvel movies or TV shows, right? Until seeing that she was playing Ann Coulter, I had zero clue who was playing that hag. Despite my not knowing Smulders, I think she was probably the most successful person to portray a real person in the show. I didn't need to adjust to wigs and costumes, she nailed the voice and look so she was just Ann Coulter straight out for me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've definitely heard the name Colbie Smulders but she's in Marvel movies or TV shows, right? Until seeing that she was playing Ann Coulter, I had zero clue who was playing that hag. Despite my not knowing Smulders, I think she was probably the most successful person to portray a real person in the show. I didn't need to adjust to wigs and costumes, she nailed the voice and look so she was just Ann Coulter straight out for me.
While I didn’t recognize Colbie, I thought was was much more attractive than Coulter has ever been.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah I'm aware of who she is too but never watched How I Met Your Mother and not into the Marvel thing. She played the role really well.

I can't think of a single character in this series that came off looking even remotely okay. I suspect the real Monica wasn't as vulnerable as she was portrayed here.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Whoooattt? She is famous.

how-i-met-your-mother-que-sont-devenus-les-acteurs-photos.jpg
I’ve never seen How I Met Your Mother, but I HAVE seen all the Marvel films up to and including Endgame, some of them more than once. I Googled her character name from those and even then I STILL don’t remember her. Lol. Guess she didn’t resonate with me. But she was perfectly unlikable as Coulter in this.

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
I can't think of a single character in this series that came off looking even remotely okay. I suspect the real Monica wasn't as vulnerable as she was portrayed here.
The only ones that disturbed me were Tripp, Bill Clinton, and Paula Jones. The rest were theatrical norm.

As far as Monica, she was one of the program producers, and its been reported she had substantial input, so she rang true for me.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As far as Monica, she was one of the program producers, and its been reported she had substantial input, so she rang true for me.
Wouldn't that make you less inclined to believe the portrayal of her character?

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
I hadn’t thought I’d be interested in this series but reading this thread got me interested. I went into my Tivo and was able to un-delete all of the episodes last night and watched episode 1 last night. I too, did not recognize Cobie Smulders
The only change to her was the hair color and style. Here are pictures of both:

To clarify what I said earlier in the topic, the portrayals that I thought were distracting were the three that used extensive facial and body prosthetics, for Linda Tripp, Bill Clinton, and Paula Jones. The rest of the cast had what are considered theatrical standard ploys; e.g. clothing and hair.

I have not read in depth about the various personalities. Tripp has always been portrayed as the villain, was she the asshole being portrayed in the series?
Tripp was pretty much the person you saw, who did what was portrayed. Whether or not you think she was an asshole is a personal perception. My perception is she was a real POS for what she did and the effect it had on her so-called friend Monica. Here we are over 20 years later, Monica never got married and had a family, as she hoped for, and obviously by being involved with this series is still trying to reshape her narrative. Conversely, Tripp thought herself a hero, who saved Monica from Bill, and did the right thing by exposing his lies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks