What's new

Man In the High Castle (Amazon) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm not reading any spoilers since I haven't read the book, and I'm only going to begin episode 4 tomorrow. So far, I'm loving it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have one episode to go, and I have really, really enjoyed it. Have no clue where it's going, but the ride has been exciting and surprising.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
only one moment has taken me out of this, great storytelling, and acting. Had to rewind like six times, on the last episode, around the 33:17 mark, I know its stupid, but both the lead inspector has a very visible ear piercing, and in the following scene joe blake has one as well on his left ear, times change, sorry but for a second that just took me out of the story.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
It's not stupid, Dana. Directors should be more careful about period details. Men and women with pumped up bodies or fabricated body parts in period pieces also disturb me because people weren't built that way. All you have to do is look at newsreels or photographs of people to tell the difference.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Having finished the series, I was really impressed and enjoyed it very much. Don't know where they will go for season two, but I certainly will be watching to find out.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Well Done Series, hope it gets another season as well, waiting to find out, also wonder if this will get a blu ray release, i know some of amazon's programs have " Alpha House"

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
dana martin said:
Well Done Series, hope it gets another season as well, waiting to find out, also wonder if this will get a blu ray release, i know some of amazon's programs have " Alpha House"
Already been renewed for season two. No idea when it will be put into production and then up for viewing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was a good run. Not one of my favorites this past year -- 2015 was a VERY competitive year for television -- but still a very solid drama, and an incredible exercise in pure world building. Even when the story wasn't doing much to hold my attention, I was leaning forward soaking in every detail of the world and society. I particularly enjoyed, as the season wore on, the naturally destabilizing elements built into an Axis victory in World War II. The Cold War was scary enough with the US and the USSR holding their fingers above the button. In a Cold War between a victorious Nazi Germany and a victorious Japanese empire, is there any question that one of them would eventually push the button? I also like that increasing moral complexity as the show went on, not just of the good characters, but the monstrous ones as well. This is a cruel world, and even the victors aren't spared from the harshness they've wrought.

The finale mostly felt like more of a whimper than a bang, though the final beat with the Trade Minister sure did perk my interest for Season 2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Is this series any good? Fargo, House of Cards good? Not Manhattan good!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed it, but it's kind of a slow burn to an intriguing finale. I haven't seen those other shows you referenced, so can't compare.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I think its well worth a look - agree it's a slow burn, but the end of Episode 2 had me hooked and the final episode certainly left me wanting more too. The world building is very clever and if nothing else its worth it for Rufus Sewell's performance. Its at least House of Cards good :) but in a different way.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I've been patiently awaiting the DVD (and maybe Blu-Ray) release of THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE Season One.
As best I can tell, it's only available through places like "dvdcomingsoon", with which I'm unfamiliar. If it doesn't cross
any Forum Boundaries, can anyone recommend the best place from which to order, if there is one? Many thanks, Poder

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've been watching season 1 and really enjoying it. It's really gripping television.
I haven't read the book, although so far the show reminds of Philip Roth's novel, The Plot Against America.

Season 2 hits Amazon on Friday.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I watched Season 1 before reading the book. While the general idea of the book is captured in the series, there are major differences, and numerous plot lines in the TV series are not in the book at all. Since the TV series will span multiple seasons, it makes sense that the story would be more in depth. BTW, the Kindle edition of the book is free to read for Prime members

I am looking forward to Season 2, as I really enjoyed the first season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first three episodes of the second season and so far the show maintains the quality of the first season. But reportedly Spotnitz left the show during the production of episode four. So everything I've watched so far is likely from the Spotnitz era.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to hear it starts off well, at least. I still have some catching up to do in season 1, but I should be at season 2 in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks