1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

luxeon projectors - good/bad??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by RonaldSach, Jan 9, 2004.

1. RonaldSach

RonaldSach Auditioning

my installer is pushing the luxeon hd dlp cinema projector. any one have any good/bad experience with these??

thanks

2. RonaldSach

RonaldSach Auditioning

btt

3. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

4. RonaldSach

RonaldSach Auditioning

joey mr .. thanks for reply

since i am one step 'below' a novice at this, and the room is being built now, tho i have not confirmed any of the equipment yet, what projector should i be looking at??

the room is in the basement, so can be totally dark, its 19ft long x 22ft wide.

the big question is budget.. i see various projectors with a msrp of say 4k, selling for under 3k. i would like to keep the price of the projector at or under 5k..

another thing i see is these new chips like to mustang/etc, tho i guess even if i pay 5k, these are beyond my budget, at least for the time being. another question is do u even need these new chips if u are mainly watching dvd's and the occasionly football/basketball game

thanks

ron

5. joey mr

okay you said you are on a buget correct and you will have light control well here are my picks if i was going to get a pj but how far will the trow didtance be from back to front wall and i guess you want a native 16:9 pj

6. RonaldSach

RonaldSach Auditioning

we will mount the projector on the ceiling. it could be mounted anywhere from 10/15ft from the screen. since we are only sheetrocking in about 3 weeks, i still have time to move the ceiling mount.

ron

7. joey mr

ron you have a pm

8. RonaldSach

RonaldSach Auditioning

got the pm.. thanks