What's new

luxeon projectors - good/bad?? (1 Viewer)

RonaldSach

Auditioning
my installer is pushing the luxeon hd dlp cinema projector. any one have any good/bad experience with these??

thanks

RonaldSach

Auditioning
joey mr .. thanks for reply

since i am one step 'below' a novice at this, and the room is being built now, tho i have not confirmed any of the equipment yet, what projector should i be looking at??

the room is in the basement, so can be totally dark, its 19ft long x 22ft wide.

the big question is budget.. i see various projectors with a msrp of say 4k, selling for under 3k. i would like to keep the price of the projector at or under 5k..

another thing i see is these new chips like to mustang/etc, tho i guess even if i pay 5k, these are beyond my budget, at least for the time being. another question is do u even need these new chips if u are mainly watching dvd's and the occasionly football/basketball game

thanks

ron

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
okay you said you are on a buget correct and you will have light control well here are my picks if i was going to get a pj but how far will the trow didtance be from back to front wall and i guess you want a native 16:9 pj

RonaldSach

Auditioning
we will mount the projector on the ceiling. it could be mounted anywhere from 10/15ft from the screen. since we are only sheetrocking in about 3 weeks, i still have time to move the ceiling mount.

ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks