What's new

Cataract surgery and DLP projector issues (2 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
DLP projectors are great for people who don't see "rainbows" in the image. About 10%-15% of the population do see these. It's never clear who gets these issues. They seem to be randomly scattered throughout the population.

I thought I'd start a thread about the experiences of those who have had cataract surgery, and whether this changed their experience with a DLP projector.

Before my surgery I had two Optoma projectors: an HD72 and now an HD141x. Neither caused any significant rainbows in my experience, only on rare occasions with rapidly shifting black and white images.

In 2019 I had cataract surgery where they install replacement "intra-ocular lenses" IOLs to replace the damaged natural lenses. Mine were the multi-focal IOLs produced by Alcon. They are great. I have both near and far vision without glasses, and am at 20/20 in both eyes.

In my experience there was no change in the DLP rainbows after the surgery.

I'm starting this thread to see if people had any experience with DLP rainbows before and after cataract surgery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks