What's new

Lost: Season Six (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Holadem

There are two independent reasons why it is highly unlikely that Christian's body was possessed:

1- Again, here we have a entity with a demonstrable ability to shift its shape. Everything points to the fact that all those visions characters have been experiencing since day one of the show are manifestations of this entity. So unless there is some overwhelming reason to believe that visions of Christian are different somehow, I will stick with the pattern established on the show so far: no possession, but mimic.

2- There are tons of reasons to believe that Christian is not a real body walking around . We've seen him appear and disappear from some pretty unlikely places, like on the boat before Michael blew up, or in the hospital to Oceanic 6-Jack, or the well to Locke right before he left the Island.

Yeah, we don't know for sure whether Christian was possessed. There is just no reason whatsoever to believe that he was, and tons of reasons to believe that he wasn't.

EDIT: OK, "no reason whatsoever" is probably too strong. His body is, after all missing. But that's not enough to undermine the wealth of evidence that suggest that Christian is a standard manifestation of Smokey.

--
H
One more reason to now think Christian is the smoke monster is that there was a webisode (which were written by the creative team and are considered canon) that had Christian telling Vincent the dog to wake up Jack right after the crash. With Christian already being 'awake' immediately after the crash, it seems like it's not his possesed body but that his image is being used.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Love this show. Speculation between seasons fell into 2 camps what would happen after the bomb - nothing or reset. So what does the show do? It gives us both.

Brilliant.

Just frakkin' brilliant.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think they're back where they were when Jughead blew up, not when Desmond turned the key. So Juliet ended up where she was when the bomb went off.
Both happened at the same place. The Hatch was built over the area where the magnetic anomaly/"incident" occurred (and where Jughead detonated).

I wonder if Jacob, like his "dark counterpart" had the same shape shifting ability and has been responsible for some of the island visions of people as well?

I prefer "Locke-a-like" over unlocke and pseudo locke

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Ken,

Thanks for the feedback. Isn't the show on network television shown in full screen? I can't recall, as it's been years since I've seen an episode of Lost on anything other than a DVD.

Lou,

Agreed. It is brilliant. As I've mentioned a couple of times, resolution for me is not paramount. The ride has thus far been wonderful, and I've only seen slightly over 50% of the show. Someday I may comment on the thematic elements of Giacchino's music for the show. In some respects, there are leitmotif-like elements associated with some of the major characters.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma /forum/thread/295107/lost-season-six/90#post_3657351

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
i too noticed Jack's hair being longer, so was Sawyer's on the plane. But if the actor's cut their hair to match the shorter S1 hair, than their hair would be all wrong for continuity on the island. Not much you can do unless you had wigs, hairpieces. Not a big deal.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I wonder if they will fix the CG shot for the Blu-Ray release. I distinctly remember the shot of the sub departing the island at the end of last season looking really awful while watching it on the air. It really stuck out like a sore thumb. While re-watching it on Blu-Ray, I was surprised, as it actually didn't look bad at all. I think they may have fixed it.

I just don't understand why they still haven't fixed the rendering of the opening "Lost" title, to remove the bad flickering on it as it gets close.

Also, did anyone else catch the return of the Dharma shark from season 2?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
so when Japanese Guy reads the note by Jacob, the note written before Hurley left on Ajira and before he time-travelled to the 70's, did the note say that the O6 needs to stay alive, or just Sayid? cuz if it was just Sayid, it would pretty much prove that Jacob can see the future...

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by EricW /forum/thread/295107/lost-season-six/90#post_3657441

EricW

Senior HTF Member
And was the note written in Japanese?
Japanese Guy understands english, so he can probably read it too :P

just watched the last few minutes of the premiere again. Not-Locke walks up to Richard and says 'Richard, nice to see you out of those chains'. Richard looks at him and says 'you?' so this implies that Richard knows who MiB is and realizes he's taken the form of Locke. but it also implies Richard didn't know that, all these (hundreds of?) years, the Smokie wandering around the Island was MiB. which is plausible, maybe no one knew that Smokie was a shapeshifter (Ben didn't). but this exchange also implies that Smokie/MiB has never seen Richard outside of the slave chains (assuming Richard's from the Black Rock), which was like a loooong time ago? (i don't buy the 'chains' being a metaphor)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper

I wonder if they will fix the CG shot for the Blu-Ray release. I distinctly remember the shot of the sub departing the island at the end of last season looking really awful while watching it on the air. It really stuck out like a sore thumb. While re-watching it on Blu-Ray, I was surprised, as it actually didn't look bad at all. I think they may have fixed it.
I think it's the same shot but it looked better because of the increased resolution (1080p on Blu-ray vs. 720p for the broadcast).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR

I think it's the same shot but it looked better because of the increased resolution (1080p on Blu-ray vs. 720p for the broadcast).
I would think the increased resolution would make bad CGI look even worse. That said, I'd be very surprised if any studio would spend the money to fix a bad CGI shot. Or perhaps the increased resolution made it look SO bad that they had to?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

I would think the increased resolution would make bad CGI look even worse.
I would think the same thing but it's a 'phenomenon' that I've noticed before. For example, there were shots in Battlestar Galactica that looked pretty bad in SD but then I saw the HD broadcast (and eventually the Blu-ray) of the episode and the dodgy shots always seemed to get better as the resolution increased.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by TravisR

I would think the same thing but it's a 'phenomenon' that I've noticed before. For example, there were shots in Battlestar Galactica that looked pretty bad in SD but then I saw the HD broadcast (and eventually the Blu-ray) of the episode and the dodgy shots always seemed to get better as the resolution increased.
Interesting.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by EricW

but this exchange also implies that Smokie/MiB has never seen Richard outside of the slave chains (assuming Richard's from the Black Rock), which was like a loooong time ago? (i don't buy the 'chains' being a metaphor)
What about the whole entire time that "Locke" was talking to Richard and traveling with him to see Jacob in the finale last season? I too took the "without chains" to mean that he was free of Jacob. He also said to Jacobs bodyguards "You can go home now, you are free", before they shot at him and pissed him off.

One other unanswered thing, in last seasons finale, Sun hands the picture of the O6 in the Dharma photo to Richard and asks him what happened to them. Richard replies, "I watched them all die." When did this happen? From what we know currently, the last time Richard saw any of them in the '70s was when he helped them get the bomb from underneath the Dharma barracks. He then sent them on their way, and they went and blew up the bomb and returned to the present, so when did Richard watch them die?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

From what we know currently, the last time Richard saw any of them in the '70s was when he helped them get the bomb from underneath the Dharma barracks. He then sent them on their way, and they went and blew up the bomb and returned to the present, so when did Richard watch them die?
Well, we don't actually know what things looked like from his point of view in the past. The incident got them sent back to "the present" (appearing to die?) and their blowing up the bomb created the alternate reality.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by NeilO

Well, we don't actually know what things looked like from his point of view in the past. The incident got them sent back to "the present" (appearing to die?) and their blowing up the bomb created the alternate reality.
Right. So at the point the bomb exploded, 2 realities emerged. The original on-island reality and the new one where they land in LA and the island is underwater.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

One other unanswered thing, in last seasons finale, Sun hands the picture of the O6 in the Dharma photo to Richard and asks him what happened to them. Richard replies, "I watched them all die." When did this happen? From what we know currently, the last time Richard saw any of them in the '70s was when he helped them get the bomb from underneath the Dharma barracks. He then sent them on their way, and they went and blew up the bomb and returned to the present, so when did Richard watch them die?
I think an upcoming flashback will clarify what happened on the island right after the bomb detonation. As of now, I just assume that he saw the bomb detonation from where ever he was and he thinks they all died.

On a related note, there is a featurette on the S5 DVD/Blu-ray where you can see a white board in the writers' room with a breakdown of the finale. At least initially, the episode didn't end with Juliet hitting the bomb and a white flash. After Juliet hit the bomb, you would see white starting to envelope the other survivors (time travel) and Richard would see the explosion and that was the end of the episode. For all I know, that stuff was never shot and they have no intention of that being what happened though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks