1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Lost: Season Six

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by TravisR, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Jeff Brooks

Jeff Brooks Second Unit

Jeff Brooks
    I was leaning towards Rose and Bernard, since we have not seen them in the island scenario yet.

2. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

another question is, at what point was the alternate reality created? was it the specific point where Juliette sets off the bomb? does that mean in the 815-crashes "original" reality, that Juliette keeps smashing the bomb, and it does NOT go off, but they are transported to 'present day' anyways?

3. BrettB

BrettB Producer

4. Robbie R

Robbie R Stunt Coordinator

If we are taking votes I like Unlocke

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Smocke?

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Originally Posted by Patrick Sun Love it!

7. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

My local ABC affiliate's SD-over-cable is 4:3 (wow, a much more complicated answer than "Yes"). I dunno if this decision is local or at the network level. I've seen some NBC shows letterboxed. (And sometimes it seems like somebody at the station forgot to "press a button" one way or the other.) I guess with OTA and a converter box, when down-converting OTA HD you get to choose?

8. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    I liked the premiere, and the idea of what-if it went one way, and if went another way. I wonder if history of the island is doomed to repeat itself, only this time happening in LA.

With the 815-crashes original reality (as you put it), the bomb does go off and they just get transported back to the present.

I could not watch 2 hours of anything on ABC, with the way they schedule their commercial breaks, especially with Lost. Luckily, I was able to watch one of the episodes on Hulu, commercial free.

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Walter, no dvr?

10. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

that doesn't make sense... if the bomb goes off in both realities, what's causes the Island to go underwater?

11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Maybe it wasn't the bomb that caused the island to sink. That's just a guess though.

12. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    I really appreciate reading the views and speculations of posters regarding this remarkable show.

Even though this is the Season Six thread, I wanted to mention briefly that during dinner tonight, we watched The Other 48 Days and Collision. Then, with a little egging on from our oldest girl (she's 15 1/2), we started watching Lost from the very beginning tonight. We watched Pilot (the two-part opener). Even though we have the fourth and fifth seasons on the way, we still have a ton of Andromeda to complete before we can get to the fourth season of Lost. We thought it would be great to catch up on the first three seasons. Some episodes we've seen twice, but many we've only seen once. By the time we're done with the first three seasons, we should be done with Andromeda, as we'll be watching an episode from both series most nights. Then it's on to the fourth season of Lost. [​IMG]

13. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Did anyone else besides me get the sense that Jack, while on the alternate-reality flight, retained at least some memory of everything that had occurred on the island? He seemed to glance at each of his fellow castaways with a curious / knowing look ("there's Kate, and she doesn't even know me").

Or maybe he just has some vague sensation of déjà vu.

14. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    No DVR for me.

I'm saying, all the bomb did, was send them back to the present time, but not reset the timeline. Thus the plan failed.

Let's say the bomb did not go off, as you suggested, then I would guess someone turned the time wheel. Now the question is... who?

As far as the island sinking, your guess is good as mine!

15. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Jack seems to be experiencing something closer to extremely vague Deja Vu than memory.

The bomb didn't send them back in time. The bomb, combined with the energy pocket, caused a tlimeline fracture. In one timeline, folks ended up back to the future. In the other one, they did not end up "back to the future" per se. Instead, what we're seeing is a timeline branch that begins in 1977 (or so) and has progressed to the point where we join it already in progress aboard Oceanic 815 prime.

16. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    i'm expecting the mirror universe Spock vs. Smocke fight to the death soon. ;).

just sayin that this type o' storytelling has been done before in the realm of sci fi books/tv/movies/etc. for a very long time. i'm so happy and glad that "all my non-SciFi enjoying" friends are finally catching onto the fact that Sci Fi truly is the genre of all genres.

17. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Quote:
    And in both the audio and video podcast they allude to something like this. Check out the podcasts for some interesting theories put forth by the executive producers.

18. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    love this show - can they really wrap all this up in 16 episodes

Seems we are going to follow the 2 timelines now for the rest of the season to me. I expect characters to die in both timelines and I have a feeling the islanders may be given a choice at some point of staying in that reality or going over to the other.

Regarding Christian - could it be that the bodies were missing from the plane in both realities and that there never was a body on the plane at all ?

19. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i've been re-watching season 5, and was at the episode where Sawyer integrates Jack+co into Dharma. in that episode, Sun and Lipedis go back to the abandoned Dharma camp and are met by not-Christian. minutes before, the smoke-monster sound was heard as they approached the camp. when Sun tells them she's looking for Jin, not-Christian shows them a photo from 1977.
    so point 1, is not-Christian the MiB? it certainly fits the pattern. so far MiB has transformed to Ecko's brother, Locke, and Ben's daughter. all these people were, at one time, dead bodies on the Island. it's just weird that i've always thought not-Christian was working for Jacob.
    point 2, if not-Christian is the MiB, then it means both he and Jacob have been involved with, or know of, the O6 long before Flight 815.

20. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Maybe Jacob has the same smoke monster powers that the Man In Black has and does the same basic thing with Christian's form that the MIB is doing with Locke's.

If Christian were the Man In Black, why would he wait around for three years to get someone to kill Jacob? I could be wrong but some of fake Locke's dialogue (I think when he's standing on the beach talking Ilana when he first woke up in S5) seems to indicate that the Man In Black has been off the island for some time.