What's new

Lost: Season 5 (2 Viewers)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I don't think it's clear at all that the plane landed in 2007, or, at least not the *same* 2007 as when they took off. I'm pretty sure the barracks looked different than when the Others lived there. While we have seen things like the pool table and the other recreational/utilitarian items left by the Dharma people after they were purged, did the Others really keep the old photos of them on the wall?

Also, the windows on the buildings were boarded up - while a few of the buildings were fortified during the merc attack, I'm pretty certain the barracks wasn't one of them (as well, it seemed a few more buildings were likewise boarded up).

What I'm getting at is this all speaks, albeit it subtley, to the possibility that Sun, Frank, Ben, and the rest, are in an alternate 2007, designed to demonstrate to the viewers that the losties in the past ARE changing the future.

Bob_Chase

Stunt Coordinator

That's a GREAT observation Josh. Something I hadn't taken into consideration but now that I think about it makes perfect sense as to why the barracks are in the condition they are.

I wasn't that crazy about the episode after it was over, but now looking at it from this perspective, you've changed my mind.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Loved the University of Georgia sweatshirt that Sawyer gave Hurley. Don't know how many people know that Josh Holloway is a Georgia boy and went to UGA, but it was a nice little shout-out.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I see an upcoming battle between the Losties. Sawyer seems to have enjoined himself more with the Dharma group.

Regarding, the Dharma barracks. I wonder if that has anything to do with the possibility of Sayid killing a young Ben. Thus preventing his betrayal of the Dharma group and causing an eventual face to face fight between the groups.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The writers have really gone out of their way to say (in the show and in interviews) that whatever happened in the past is what happened and there aren't parallel timelines. Maybe they're going for a surprise and will have Faraday be wrong but I hope and pray that they learn from Heroes misuse of time travel and be very, very careful if their characters change the future.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I agree with Bob, that's a great observation. I was wondering what happened in the time between the O6 leaving and the return that would have seen Otherville get trashed, but if if the Others never settled it after Dharma was expunged, it would have fallen into this state of disrepair and the photos/detritus of the registration area would have remained unmolested (save for the ravages of time).

This show kicks ass.

theredguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Yugurtha
i am starting to lose interest in the show, they are expending the seasons and give you like zero information about the island

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
There is a new audio podcast and a video podcast out. They have finished writing the season finale and the title of the 2 hour episode is The Incident

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
By the way, in the podcast they address the "mistake" about Charlotte's birthdate and whether Faraday saw a young Charlotte in 1977.

John Swarce

Second Unit

:eek:

I think this season has been full of answers to a lot of the questions we have had (even from way back in the first season)!

Care to elaborate on your comment?

--John

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't know about the alternate 2007 suggestion. Some of the other Oceanic survivors went back to the 70s, and some stayed in the present for 3 years, presumably (like Bernard and Rose, I don't think they died in the attack and we haven't seen them for a while, and Sawyer and Jin never found anyone in 3 years of searching). Besides that, the Others weren't jumping around in tons of timelines, they were staying with their present timeline. So that means 3 years has passed since we've seen the barracks, and a lot could've happened for them to be dilapidated by then.

Edit: Then again, they were supposed to land 3 years earlier anyway, because the island was jumping around in time, but maybe somehow they still got pushed to the future.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator

But if Frank, Sun, and Christian were at the same barracks where the Others took over and lived, then why would there still be an old Dharma Registration building with old pictures of Dharma recruits?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Because they needed to show Sun and Frank that everyone had gone back in time. I guess you have to assume The Others are sadists who kept pictures of people that they massacred up on their wall for 15 years.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

theredguy

Auditioning
Real Name
Yugurtha
i meant that NBC is dragging the seasons way to much, they should of ended the show in season 4, they are doing flash backs about the island but leaving a lot of information out, like what so special about the island and why are the two groups are fighting to take control, and what happened to Jacob they never showed him after john lock met him. how long can they keep dragging it until people lose interest.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Perhaps that wasn't the real barracks, but rather an illusion, or something manufactured by Jacob, like the cabin and how it moves?

When they got to the dock, the heard "The Monster" and saw the trees on the shore rustling about. Then it cuts to them pushing through some trees, and coming upon a structure. I initially thought they were going to pan over and show they were at the cabin, they got there so quick. When they showed the barracks, I was surprised.

I can understand the need for pacing in an hour TV show, but they were at the dock -- cut -- they are instantly at the barracks? That amount of distance has never been covered that quick before, even in this show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think you're thinking of the Pala Ferry dock at the end of S2 (when Jack, Kate and Sawyer were taken to the Hydra island). The dock that Sun and Frank arrive at is the one where the sub docks and would most likely be located right by the barracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks