What's new

Lost: Season 5 (2 Viewers)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Wife and I watched the ep last night. Up there with "The Constant", in our opinion, in watching James "LaFleure" blossom, so to speak. Overall, a "happy, hippy" episode after a few of dark, twisty important ones. As soon as it was over, wife commented that it was the fastest Lost she had ever seen.
Could do without the whole "uh-oh, will Kate's appearance break up Sawyer and Juliet", but really excited to see the direction this show is going, as opposed to, say, BSG...

Arild

Supporting Actor
Only the Hydra station is on the smaller island (where Locke is). The Dharma barracks and everyone/everything else are still on the "main" island.

You do bring up an interesting question, though: What happened to Rose, Bernard and the rest of the background 815ers? Did Sawyer, Jin etc. never see them again in the three years since they got separated?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So everyone is talking about Juliet meeting Goodwin in the past.... but what about Ben? We already know that when Ben hires Juliet, he thinks she "looks just like her" or something like that. What if who he's referring to is actually her future self who time-traveled to the past?

Edit: Oops, just realized NeilO said something similar on the last page.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i wonder if som1 thought of combing through earlier seasons to see if the corpses lined up with some of the lostes that have traveled back in time, like the 2 corpses in the cave with the polar bear or maybe the dude that was in the hippie VW. what was that guy's name? i can't remember now. has he appeared? it'd be interesting how they'd work that in.

has horace appeared in lost before? he was "Toom" monster in the X-Files i think. he's also been in so many TV series i can't remember if he appeared on Lost before.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That's awfully late, because Ben looks like he does now less than 10 years after that (as seen in Juliette's backstory, which must have happened circa 2001).

I suppose with time travel, that could be explained a number of ways. Eh.

--
H

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

what is "som1"?
also,
these are questions that someone who has only watched this season would ask.

Arild

Supporting Actor
That would be Horus, I believe. EDIT: Although maybe Horace is derived from Horus? I don't know...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
With nearly two weeks now until the next episode we can make some wild guesses as to where they are going from here on. Of course, since among others, I thought that the O6 would land on the island in 2007 coinciding with a time jump of Sawyer and so forth, we know how good our guesses are.

I am guessing that the rest of the current season will have our O6 + Sawyer and folk in 1977. We will also get flashbacks of how Sayid, Hurley, Sun, Kate, and Ben got to the plane. At the same time it looks like we'll have Locke and Ben and 316ers on the island in 2007 and Desmond on the mainland. At some point this season they will figure out a way to get to 2007 (or 2009) and this will probably be related to The Incident and the scene with Faraday at the beginning of the season.

I'm guessing that next season will be mainly with everyone in 2007 or 2009 and it will build to the battle between good and evil that Widmore was talking about. The outcome of the battle will end with any surviving original cast either content to remain on the island or returning to "normal" lives for good.

Shaun

Second Unit

I'm wondering this as well. Where is Rose, Bernard, Vincent The Dog, the remaining background survivors, etc.?

Also, what happened to the rest of the surviving Others, kids and all? I am guessing that they went into hiding after their defeat by the 815ers (back in season 3?).

Did they, along with anyone else left on the island at the end of season 4, travel through time along with Sawyer, Juliet, Faraday, Jin, etc. during the island's time shifts?

At the rate this show is moving, I'm sure answers will come soon. But it's definitelly nagging at me.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

My guess is that only Kate, Hurley, and Jack went back with Jin, Sawyer, Faraday, Juliet, and Miles. As Faraday mentioned, when the flash happened, Charlotte was gone. So, I think that everyone else is still in the present, which means that Jin and Sun will still be separated for now. As Sawyer and Jin discussed, they've been mapping out the entire island for the whole three years, trying to find some sign of anyone else on it.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I would guess that Rose, Bernard, et al are in their own group making do as best as they can for the past three years. It could also be that in one of the sector searches that Sawyer was doing that they were found and brought in.

Locke was with a group of the Others when he disappeared. Since he was alone after jumping in time, we can assume they didn't travel in time.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Are you kidding? I've seen every episode, but I barely remember what happened three weeks ago. I'm amazed by people like Travis who remember every little thing that happened from the beginning. I ought to buy the show on DVD and watch it again. I'm enjoying it, but that would help me better appreciate what's going on.

For example, until I read the above posts about the Dharma people being gassed, it was a buried memory for me.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Right. This was already confirmed by Alpert in one of the first episodes when he told Locke they didn't go anywhere, it was only Locke who disappeared.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Could the rest of the Losties(Rose, Bernard etc) be dead? When the gang went back to the camp and it was ruined and the 2 boats were there, could those people of killed the rest of the group?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks