What's new
World Wide Stereo

Losing Picture on LG OLED55B7A (1 Viewer)

rconner15

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan Conner
Hi all,
I'm having issues with a recently purchased LG OLED55B7A. When viewing content through my xbox one x or apple tv 4k, the picture occasionally goes out, displaying a gray screen. I've attached a photo that shows the condition. The issue is intermittent, and may go a week or two before happening again.

The apple tv and xbox one x are all plugged into an Onkyo TX-NR676 receiver, with receiver of course hooked up to the tv. I first assumed it may be the apple tv 4k, so replaced that. Once that didn't work, replaced the receiver with a second TX-NR676. After that failed to fix the issue, I replaced the HDMI cables going from the apple tv to the receiver and receiver to the tv with new ones. Issue still occurs. New HDMI cables are the premium high speed hdmi cables from crutchfield and support 18 Gbps max bandwidth. To restore picture, I either power on and off the receiver, or press the settings button on the receiver controller. The latter method brings up the Onkyo's settings menu (which displays correctly) after which I can press the settings button again to return to the selected input, which will now display the picture correctly.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks you in advance for any help provided!
TV_issues.jpg

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Given the troubleshooting you've done so far, the last thing I'd try is plugging either your apple TV or your XBox One X directly into the panel, let it run like you would through the receiver and see if you get the same result. Sounds like there's a broken connection somewhere and so far, it looks like it might be inside the OLED.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Also, try a different input on the TV. I sometimes get that same with some computers at work, but it always clears up after several seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks