What's new

Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 5 (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter
More Looney Tunes...your wish is our command. In this 4-disc set are 60 of the most hysterical Looney Tunes ever created and over 5 hours of extra special features. Indeed, some have never before been on home video! Disc 1 celebrates a duo every bit as famous as thunder and lightning or beans and weenies: Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Termite Terrace provides peerless takes on Fairy Tales in Disc 2. Not to be outdone, Disc 3 showcases the hilarious talent of the great animator Robert Clampett. And the fowl deeds and rabbit-fire jokes wrap with Disc 4's hamboree jamboree of Porky Pig and more classics.

# 4-Disc Collector Set with 60 classic shorts.
# Remastered and restored to their original glory and chock full of special features!
# Over 5 hours of incredible Special Features which include "Chuck Jones: Extremes and In-Betweens, A Life in Animation" the 2000 PBS documentary
# $64.92 SRP
# October 30th street date

TimJS

Second Unit
This needs to be bumped so the people who go to the only correct forum to see this announcement can have it on the front page!

Some are drawing the wrong conclusion about where this thread belongs based upon the notion that more people have read the TeeVee announcement than this one. I only go to the TeeVee forum when I go to the Film and Documentary forum and can't find a thread about Animated Theatrical Short Films!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

My sentinments exactly. I have very little interest on TV on DVD, and only go there to check for these stray items. Is there some way that this thread can be seen from either forum?

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I wish the mods would make an official ruling on where these theatrical shorts should go. I THOUGHT I read a posting by one of the mods last year that these releases would go in the TV section, but I'm not about to look for it. With all the animation activity going on this year (Droopy, Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Walt Disney Treasures) as well as live action shorts such as the Stooges, maybe there should actually be a Theatrical Short forum. I certainly won't be posting any future news on such releases only to have people bitch and moan on where it's posted. Most, if not all of us, know these were originally released in theaters. Personally I don't care - wherever the mods want it posted I'll post it - it's their forum.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
When are we going to see more details on this release?

It seems odd that the prelease came out several weeks ago, yet there are still no details.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell

That's some great stuff right there. The one title I really want is Porky's Last Stand, which also features Daffy Duck. It's the only Daffy short I don't have in some way, shape, or form. I don't think it's ever been released on home video. Hopefully it will find its way onto one of these sets some day.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell

I was referring to a posting saying these should go in the TV section. You're link is referring to them going to the Theatrical section - something I would not have seen since - at the time - I had no interest in Popeye and wouldn't have followed the thread. However, Jeff settled the matter with his link.

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
I think news and conversations about classic cartoons that were made to be shown as features or with film features belong in this forum grouping.

The animated forum should really be more for more current animated and animae titles...which are a separate animal (no pun itended).

I usually look at this forum for all my "old movie" release needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks