What's new

Looks like Disney 4K HDR hits iTunes May the 4th be with you (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Wonder if previous releases will be retrofitted? I'd like to see Mary Poppins Returns on iTunes in 4K to compare to the Vudu version (though I have no complaints about it).

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I noticed that most 4K Disney releases on Vudu and FandangoNow are now priced the same as HD: $19.99. Does this mean Disney has relented on premium pricing? That would just leave the obstacle of free upgrades.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I noticed that most 4K Disney releases on Vudu and FandangoNow are now priced the same as HD: $19.99. Does this mean Disney has relented on premium pricing? That would just leave the obstacle of free upgrades.
I would consider $20 to be a premium price for a UHD streaming version, so no, I do not think that Disney is relenting on this.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I would consider $20 to be a premium price for a UHD streaming version, so no, I do not think that Disney is relenting on this.
I’m afraid you’re missing the point. The “premium” is the $5 extra they were charging for 4K, regardless of the base price.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I’m afraid you’re missing the point. The “premium” is the $5 extra they were charging for 4K, regardless of the base price.
I understand your point. However, my point is still valid -- in the current market, $20 for a UHD streaming version of a film is a premium price. When Di$ney was charging $25, their prices could better be defined as "very overpriced" instead of "premium". Now, I would say their prices for HDX versions fall into that "very overpriced" category.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks