What's new

Looking to upgrade speakers (1 Viewer)

Mikey_L

Auditioning
Hey everybody, I've got the upgrade bug, and I'm thinking that speakers should be my next step. I have pieced my HT together for the last 10 years or so, and I have just recently upgraded to a pretty decent receiver (IMO, anyway - Pioneer VSX-D814). My current speaker setup is low-rent, to say the least:

Fronts: Pioneer bookshelves (about 8 yrs old, can't remember model number - I'm not at home or I would look it up).
Center/Surrounds: AudioSource, some no-name speakers that were free with my original receiver some 10 yrs ago.
Sub: Polk Audio PSW120, not a bad sub, but I will be considering upgrade sometime soon.

I'm thinking about looking at Polk for the new speakers - I've read quite a few good reviews at some of their speaker lines, and they seem to have pretty decent stuff for the price range that I'm looking at. Anyone know about the R50 or Monitor 50 speakers? What other good ones can be had in the $200-300 range? Thanks for the help!

Jacob C

Second Unit
Are you looking for a $200-$300 pair. 5 speaker system, or 5 speakers with a sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks