What's new

Looking for Dolby Atmos soundbar under £300 (1 Viewer)

Theldrom

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I am looking to purchase a new soundbar for our living room, its a medium sized room. I am looking for a Dolby Atmos soundbar, under £300 to pair with a LG-55UH650V TV.

I am in the UK and have looked at the Samsung Q600A Soundbar Speaker and LG SN7Y 3.1.2 Wireless Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos. Any recommendations?

We would mainly be watching movies.

Thanks.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Don't mean to be snooty, but the whole notion of Dolby Atmos in a soundbar (NVM the low budget requirement) seems like an (highly gimmicky) oxymoron or something to me... :P

But anyway, you might wanna check this for recommendations... although it seems intended for the North American market, but you might be able to google for the same models w/ different model numbers, etc for your market...

They do seem to have recs for as low as ~$150USD...

Hope that helps...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Maybe something like this Vizio model that RTings seems to like w/in your budget ballpark?

IF you can up your budget a little, you might consider this seemingly (moderately) better/newer model instead:

_Man_

Last edited:

Theldrom

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean
Hi thanks for the advice, to be honest it doesn't have to be Dolby Atmos, I just want something decent with good surround capabilities. I know nothing can replace decent surround speakers, but the living room is an odd shape, so putting speakers into decent positions will be a nightmare. I will look at the ones recommended thanks again.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
We all have to start (or restart in some cases) somewhere and make do w/ what we realistically have/can... and then, maybe eventually upgrade, if there's good future opp.

It's actually wonderful that the tech (and economics behind it) has advanced so much that some (even if pseudo or not fully fleshed out) implementation of Dolby Atmos is possible w/ these affordable soundbar systems...

Enjoy!

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
IF you can up your budget a little, you might consider this seemingly (moderately) better/newer model instead:

_Man_

This probably won't really apply to you over in the UK, but apparently, Best Buy (over here in USA) has slashed the pricing on this down to just $350USD. It's probably a recurring sale price, so if this model (or Vizio products in general) is actually available in the UK, maybe you'll be able to find it at comparable prices at some point...

And of course, anyone else interested here in the USA can now get it at that price...

_Man_

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
Strongly recommend av reciever with speakers no matter what the situation or room is. Don't fall into the trap of fake surround with soundwaves bouncing around the room with multiple small speaker drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.