What's new

Looking for a stereo amp for rears - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking for a stereo amp to cover my rear centers in a 7.1 system. I already have a nice 5.1 amp for the main five speakers, this is only for the rear centers in a 7.1 system.

PRICE IS EVERYTHING!!!!

I am not concerned with quality here, just price. As of now I'm planning on picking up a Harman/Kardon PA2000, but I'd rather spend less than the $250 or so.

Ellen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ellen
How much power do you need? The Audio Source Amp One is 80wpc stereo, 200 watts bridged. $200 at J&R

RobWil

Supporting Actor
The Audiosource Amp One is a great little amp at 80wpc. You can find them on ebay occasionally for around $100.
In fact I have three that I will soon be putting up on ebay.
They are all the Amp One model with the VU meters, not the Amp One/A.
I'll sell you one for $125 shipped.

I also have an Onkyo M-501 amp rated at 2 x 150 wpc. This is a great amp that I'll sell for $150 shipped.

All of the amps are in excellent cosmetic and working condition. I can provide pictures if you like.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Never mind, I decided on the H/K PA2000 which is on sale right now from One Call for $197. It's just so much amp for the buck, and it has bridging and multichannel options that make it very attractive to me for a possible multiroom capacity.

I just wish it had rack ears.

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
I also went with the HK PA2000 and it blends quite nicely with my Rotel RB985. I paid $250 with free shipping from SoundCity.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks