What's new

I have Sony stereo amp with analogue only I have a Philips TV with digital only I'm looking for a sensibly priced HDMI to Analogue Phono (audio only) (1 Viewer)

Gobshite

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I have Sony stereo amp with analogue only
I have a Philips TV with digital only
I'm looking for a sensibly priced HDMI to Analogue Phono (audio only)
Any recommendations?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hopefully the TV also has an optical digital output, which most do. Can you confirm that or provide the model #? You need to provide the model # of the Sony, since "Amp" can mean different things.

Gobshite

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I don't want to use optical digital out because the TV remote volume won't control that, it will only control HDMI ARC out, so I need HDMI to analogue RCA

Gobshite

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Would this work? it seems cheap but it extracts video as well as audio and I would have to pay more just to extract audio so don't quite understand that?

YANG

Screenwriter
if u want ur TV have the ability to control the volume of ur amp, the only way to do that is from 3.5mm headphone audio out to amp RCA connection.
otherwise, be it thru digital out that goes thru external DAC, or HDMI ARC out to HDMI to AV converter, or those HDMI cables that comes with splitting RCA connectors... all these doesn't control ur amp volume.

Gobshite

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
if u want ur TV have the ability to control the volume of ur amp, the only way to do that is from 3.5mm headphone audio out to amp RCA connection.
otherwise, be it thru digital out that goes thru external DAC, or HDMI ARC out to HDMI to AV converter, or those HDMI cables that comes with splitting RCA connectors... all these doesn't control ur amp volume.
I already have the audio out of the 3.5 headphone jack into the amp but the volume control doesn't control that, that's why I'm going to get an HDMI to phono splitter and hopefully control the volume by HDMI ARC unless anyone can see the problem with that?

YANG

Screenwriter
... ...hopefully control the volume by HDMI ARC unless anyone can see the problem with that?
yes yes... i see that u're trying to control a non-CEC communicable device with a CEC fitted device... where it is not experimented yet by any members here.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm sorry, but since you refuse to provide model numbers, which would allow us to look up the components and see what their connections and capabilities are, it's impossible to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks