What's new

Looking for a speaker with at least 22khz frequency response (1 Viewer)

chamika

Auditioning
Real Name
chamika
Hi All,

I am looking for a mini speaker with at least 22khz frequency response and supporting micro sd card.

Most of the vendors mentioned that they support like 100Hz to 18 KHz or 100Hz to 20KHz. But my requirement is minimum 22KHz.

I need to buy like 20 in quantity with less than 15USD each. No need bluetooth support, just sd card reader is enough.

Pls help,
Thanks

chamika

Auditioning
Real Name
chamika
@wayne that is some country specific website which doesn't ship overseas.

@Mike I am developing an android app which process higher frequency sound waves

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I must say, you’re putting a lot of faith in the published specs of a $7.00 speaker being truthful and accurate. For instance, there is no note of variation in the frequency response spec, such as “120 Hz – 22 Khz, +/- 3 dB.” For all we know, it could be down 10 dB @ 22 kHz. For instance, it’s a fair certainly that a speaker that small won’t actually get down to 120 Hz.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think someone needs to inject some reality into this quest. You want an amplified speaker with micro SD card reader that has a frequency response from 100Hz to 22KHz, and you want it for no more than $15 each? I can't imagine such a thing existing, and I can almost guarantee it doesn't. To really get 22KHz, you'll need some kind of piezo or metal tweeter, which will not be capable of anything near 100Hz. So, it'll need a decent sized mid/woofer as well. Just a plain tweeter that can truly reproduce 22KHz with no amp or micro SD will cost well over your budget. You can want it 'til the cows come home. I can't imagine how it will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks