What's new

Lethal Weapon 2 and 3 worth buying on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm just wondering are "Lethal Weapon 2" and "Lethal Weapon 3" worth buying on DVD. I spotted the Directors cut at BB yesterday for for $14.99 but I had to refrain from getting them because there was one last copy of "The Abyss:SE" that I felt was truly in need of being in my collection. I'm thinking that later this month I may pick up "Lethal Weapon 2" and "Lethal Weapon 3" but I would like to know if they are both worth getting?Does Warner have any kind of SE planned for these movies?thanks.
-Keith-

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Absolutly! Granted, they don't have the greatest video in the world, but both are the best they've ever been, and they have great DD and DTS tracks, and you can't beat the 14.99 price tag, go for it!
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Some people would be bothered by the fact that these discs don't contain the exact same version of the film that played theatrically. If you're not one of them, then these discs are certainly as good a presentation as these films are going to get for the foreseeable future.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Personally, I feel that they've been improved, especially Lethal Weapon 3, with Rog's daughter coming out to see Martin, therefore causing him to go to Rog's boat.
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I have all 4 Lethal Weapons, and in my opinion, theyre all worth owning. 1-3 are available as Directors Cuts with some footage added back in. The new cut of part one is awesome and contains a whole new scene at the beginning that shows how close to the edge that Martin really is. As for parts 2 and 3, theres only like 3 minutes added into each, and to be honest, when I got the DVDs, it had been so long since I had seen the movies, I didnt even know when I was watching added material. It says on the back of the box which scenes are new, but unless you read that, chances are, you wont notice them, unless youre a huge fan of the movies and are quite familiar with them.
Also parts 1-3 are the ONLY full bitrate DTS discs that Warner has ever made. Theyre worth it alone for the soundtracks.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget Twister SE and Interview With The Vampire SE.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
I struggled with whether or not to re-purchase LW 1-3 when the Directors cuts first came out, but since I have LW4 which has all of the extra footage from the first 3 films, I decided against it. Of course, if you want to see the footage edited into the film or you don't have LW4, you might opt to buy them.
Derek

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I'd say get 'em all! I have the entire Lethal Weapon collection on DVD (1-3 Director's Cuts and #4) and love every one of them. You won't be disappointed. :)
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im not kidding when I say Ive owned every release of the LW series (except laser) VHS and DVD combined. I prefer the DC of 1-3. They add to the films in a big way. 1 in peticular. The DTS tracks are sweet.
Side note: Richard Donner said he wanted to revisit the LW series and do SE out of them. Commentary documentary etc. He had never done that before with these. I hope its soon; I just dont want to have to buy these AGAIN!! It would have to take alot of extras.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks