What's new

DVD/LD (Mainly LD) FS/FT - Many Rare LDs, Box Sets (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have the following for DVDS for trade and LDs for sale or trade, with want lists of dvds and laser discs. All my dvds are excellent; so should yours. No promos, no Hong Kong discs, Region 1 or 0 only. We ship at the same time using the same rate. I prefer Media Mail - I'm in no hurry (besides, lately, priority is taking almost as long as media, so let’s save some money).
Payment may be by PAYPAL (preferred) or money order.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO OFFER ANYTHING IN LASER DISC. I OFTEN DON’T KNOW I WANT A TITLE UNTIL I’M CONFRONTED WITH IT. If you do offer laserdiscs for trade or sale, please describe them well enough so that I know which version they are. If you have something I want in laser disc but you see nothing that fits your fancy, please make a list of dvds you do want; I may be willing to part with some of my DVD collection (not listed here) for it. Or give me a price – I might buy it (a trade is preferred). DON’T HESTITATE TO ASK. A note – I don’t have any of the “HOLY GRAIL” dvds – I tend to sell them and get their LD counterparts.
I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A SONY SLV-R1000 VCR IN GOOD CONDITION.
Feel free to offer other titles - I know I've left out a lot, especially among recent titles. Please offer titles with similar MSRP (+/- $5).
See below for details on LDs for sale/trade.
I am a Gold Trader here and my Ebay id is nutgoodie (current rating = 431 with no negatives or neutrals).
Post here or e-mail me at Home or at Work, M-F, between the hours of 7:00AM and 3:30PM. PLEASE! No personal messages – I rarely check them.
DVD For Trade:
  • 2 Days in the Valley (sealed)
  • Amistad (not DTS)
  • Any Given Sunday (1-disc, sealed)
  • Aquirre: The Wrath of God (sealed)
  • The Avengers (Uma Thurman)
  • The Big Sleep (sealed)
  • Barry Lyndon (original, sealed)
  • Baraka (original)
  • Big Night (sealed)
  • Black Robe (original)
  • Bulworth (sealed)
  • Carrie (original)
  • Clockwork Orange (original)
  • Cobra Verde (sealed)
  • Dark Star (sealed)
  • Deep Red (sealed)
  • Dr. Strangelove SE
  • Fargo (original, non-anamorphic, sealed)
  • Fellini Satyricon (sealed)
  • Fiddler on the Roof (original, sealed)
  • Fly Away Home (original)
  • Flash Gordon
  • Heathers (original)
  • The Heartbreak Kid (original)
  • High Fidelity (sealed)
  • Highlander: The Director's Cut (sealed)
  • I Know What You Did Last Summer (not the OOP one, sealed)
  • Lethal Weapon 4 (sealed)
  • Life of Brian (not the Criterion)
  • Little Rascals Volumes 1+2 (Hallmark, Leonard Maltin intro)
  • Mars: The Red Planet
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail (original)
  • Nightmare on Elm Street (sealed)
  • Night Shift (sealed)
  • Platoon (MGM anamorphic, not SE, sealed)
  • Princess Bride (original)
  • Rambo, First Blood (sealed)
  • Rambo, First Blood, Part II (sealed)
  • Rocky (original)
  • Scary Movie
  • Silverado (sealed)
  • Starman
  • Tarzan and the Lost City
  • Tom Jones
  • Total Recall (original)
  • The Towering Inferno (sealed)
  • Tron (original)
  • Video Essentials
VHS For Trade:
  • Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Volumes 1-6
DVDs Wanted:
Criterion:
  • 8 ½
  • Black Narcissus
  • Black Orpheus
  • Children of Paradise
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Henry V
  • The Lady Eve
  • The Lady Vanishes
  • Last Temptation of Chist
  • L’Avventura
  • Magic Flute
  • Most Dangerous Game
  • Notorious
  • Salesman
  • Scarlett Empress
  • Shop on Main Street
  • Wild Strawberries
  • Many, many more
Others:
  • Abominable Snowman of Himalaya
  • Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #2
  • Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #3
  • Almost Famous Bootleg Cut
  • Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe: An Evening of Yes Music
  • A.I.
  • Arsenic and Old Lace
  • Boogie Nights 2-disc
  • Cape Fear (1962)
  • Cape Fear (1991)
  • Catch-22
  • Fly Away Home SE
  • Ghost Breakers
  • The Great Silence
  • Ground Hog Day SE
  • The Killing Fields
  • The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
  • The Natural
  • Plan 9 From Outer Space (Image only)
  • Play Misty For Me
  • Purple Rose of Cairo
  • Radio Days
  • Road Show (Bob Hope/Bing Crosby Road to films)
  • Shiloh
  • Silence of the Lambs, MGM SE
  • The Straight Story
  • Twelve O’Clock High
  • You Can Count On Me
  • When Dinosaurs Roamed America
I have the following LDs, s for sale or trade. Regular LDS are $5 each unless otherwise marked. All are widescreen unless followed with FS (there are a few exceptions – these were filmed fullscreen and are presented properly) and most are the most recent version (to the best of my knowledge). Many are mint, some are sealed, and a few are very good. Exceptions are noted. All box sets are complete unless noted. Any questions about which version or the condition of any LD, please e-mail. I can take photos if that will help. One thing – unless you authorize me to open and view a sealed copy, I will not be responsible for laser rot or other flaws on sealed LDs.
Excepting box sets, shipping will be priority unless you select 5 or more discs, in which case you may opt for media mail. Box sets will by your choice of priority or media mail. Delivery confirmation is required. Insurance is your option but if you decline insurance, the risk is entirely yours.
Box Sets
  • Star Wars SE 5-disc (SEALED)(AC-3) This is the best looking and sounding of all Star Wars versions, plus it’s still sealed. ($200)
  • Alien (3-disc CAV)(mint)($15.00)
  • Aliens (4-disc CAV)(contains production stills left off the dvd)(box has some flaws, corners are intact)($12.50)
  • Aliens (same as above, only this copy is mint)($15.00)
  • E.T. Limited Edition Collectors box set, # 995 of 8000 produced (4-disc CAV)(sealed). Easily the best version of E.T. out there. Excellent THX transfer, supplements galore including such stuff as “The Making of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial”, Henry Thomas’ original auction tape, outtakes, conceptual drawings, and more, plus an expanded and remastered gold soundtrack cd. Yes, I know this is to be released to dvd this year. However, it has become known that many of the supplements (and certainly not the soundtrack cd) will not be ported over. Thus, if you want the complete set of supplements, you must have this box set ($60)
  • Gettysburg (3-disc). Ok, let’s get it over with. There’s a dvd that looks much better plus it has all the LD disc extras. What this set has is the 271 minute version – all other versions, be it tape, dvd or laser disc, are 254 minutes. Non-disc supplements include an excellent book on the battle, written by James M. McPherson featuring the paintings of Mort Kunstler and a foreward by Martin Sheen, with dust jacket (these, for some reason, are often missing from this set), a rolled parchment-like map of the battle area, the soundtrack cd, four B&W photos of the actual participants, and, finally, the strangest supplement ever offered in an LD box set – an actual Civil War bullet in its own drawstring pouch. It’s all there. Box is very good but does have some wear along the edges and corners. Not a lot, but some. It’s pretty normal for this box set ($85)
  • The Nighmare Before Christmas, recalled box. CAV. Yes, there is a dvd containing most of the supplements. But not all. This set contains the full “Making of” documentary; the dvd butchered it in half. Also contains the MTV shorts and “Slow Bob in the Lower Dimensions”, which were the reasons the first pressing was pulled. Also contains the finest, most interesting book ever included in an LD box set and I’ve owned nearly all of them. The book alone is nearly worth the price (as a side note: I recently bought a copy of this set without the book, but the seller made a mistake and sent it anyhow. He claims that if I don't send it back, he will be on the extreme outs with his girlfriend, whose set it was. I'm sending it back). Box has light shelf wear. The discs all play fine without rot. ($50 each)
  • Three Callaberos/Saludos Amigos (3 discs, CAV). Box has a ding and a small split, otherwise very good ($50)
  • The Ten Commandments 35th Anniversary (excellent)($15)
  • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (excellent $15)
  • Beatles Anthology (sealed) 8 discs. If you have any interest in the Beatles at all, it's a must have. ($40)
  • Disney's Cinderella (excellent) Box is excellent as are the discs. Very nice set of supplements. Missing the lithographs, unfortunately, which accounts for the lower price ($25)
  • The Godfather Collector's Edition. 7 discs including a supplement disc: The Godfather Family - A Look Inside and a nice booklet of photos. Box has a little more than average edgewear but is otherwise excellent. All corners intact. ($30)
  • The Complete Tex Avery (5-disc) 76 Tex Avery cartoons. Box is excellent with a bit of wear around the edges – not that much – one corner has started to split ($250)
  • Ziegfield Follies (3-disc CAV). New Technicolor Restoration (it says)($40)
Criterions
  • 49th Parallel (1-disc)($30)
  • The Atomic Café (1-disc) This is great fun and very hard to find ($50)
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (2-disc CAV) The only version with supplements. ($35)
  • Children of Paradise (2-disc CLV – CAV on side 4) (SEALED)($30)
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind (2-disc CLV)($15)
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind (3-disc CAV – missing the insert - I can make a copy)($20)
  • Dr. Strangelove (2-disc CAV)(even you have the SE DVD, you need this LD. These are some of the most fun supplements ever)($50)
  • F is For Fake (1-disc) Very hard to find. ($70)
  • From Russia With Love (2-disc CAV) This is one of the three Criterion Bond LDs pulled on request by the copyright holders, rumored to be due to the nature of the commentary (don’t ask me exactly that concern is). With some very interesting supplements not on any other version, LD or DVD. Near mint, with its only flaw being a very mint ding on the upper left-hand corner ($75)
  • The Life and Times of Colonel Blimp (2-disc)($30)
  • The Man Who Fell to Earth (2-disc, CLV/CAV) This is the only version to own, laser disc or dvd. Fully restored cut with many supplements. ($50)
  • Repulsion (2-disc CLV/CAV) Better than the dvd, with your typical Criterion supplements($100)
  • Montenegro (1-disc)($20)
Animation
  • An American Tail (CAV)(FS)
  • An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (CAV)(FS)
  • Disney Alice in Wonderland (Remastered)
  • Disney Pocahantas (CLV)
  • Disney Pocahontas Sing Along Songs: Colors of the Wind
  • Disney Toy Story (CLV)
Other LDs that I Think Are Valuable
  • The Making of Star Wars/The Empire Strikes Back: SPFX Special Effects (1-disc) Extraordinarily rare. The jacket is only in fair condition with a tear about 2/3 of the way across the back that has been repaired with tape. Disc plays perfectly with no rot ($110)
  • Danger: Diabolik (1-disc)($50)
  • Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman Howe: An Evening of Yes Music. (2-disc). Excellent. Yes, there’s a dvd but it’s tremendously hard to find – Salo, 400 Blows, and others of the ilk are common-as-muck in comparison. A few months ago I offered a set in fair condition for $40 (or was it $35?). Not even a nibble. I sold it on Ebay for $142.50. Don’t you hesitate – this one is in much better condition ($85)
  • Mr. Drums Buddy Rich & His Band: Live on King Street ($30)
  • Grease (2-disc)(AC-3) With some supplements. This is one of the best-looking LDs ever and the sound is pretty good also. This is not coming to dvd anytime soon. ($65)
  • One Million Years B.C. (Raquel Welch)($40) Raquel Welch fur bikini fest.
  • The Wizard of Space and Time ($130) Just try and find this title.
  • THX Demo disc ($50) Near mint but does have a large crease on the lower right corner and a smaller one on the upper left corner, courtesy of poor packing by the former owner. Disc plays fine. A must have.
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (2-disc) Jacket is only fair with above average wear, a small crease on the lower right corner with some splitting in the same area. ($20)
  • Blade DTS (2-disc) With commentary and two featurettes with deleted scenes, makeup, production design and special effects, plus the theatrical trailer. Jacket is dinged on the bottom right corner and the shrinkwrap has torn in a couple places, otherwise excellent. ($50)
  • The Loved One (2-disc)(FS – the only way it’s ever been available) ($80)
  • The Rapture (1-disc) With audio commentary and international and domestic trailers ($40)
  • The Blue Angel (2-disc) Two versions, one the original 106 minute German version and the other the 94 minute English version ($25)
  • The Pride and the Passion (2-disc) Beautiful condition ($30)
Regular LDs - $5 each, unless otherwise marked
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Disney Archive with supplements)(jacket has some flaws)($20)
  • Alien Resurrection THX (AC-3) PENDING
  • American Graffiti SOLD
  • Anima Mundi
  • The Apartment
  • Bachelor Party
  • Barbarella (FS)
  • Batman
  • Beneath the Twelve Mile Reef
  • Beverly Hills Cop
  • Beyond the Mind’s Eye
  • The Big Sleep
  • Blue Thunder (sealed)
  • Bonnie and Clyde
  • Braveheart THX (AC-3)
  • Breaker Morant
  • The Bridge on the River Kwai
  • The Cheap Detective
  • Cliffhanger
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • The Cowboys
  • Crimes of Passion, Unrated (FS)
  • Darkman FS
  • Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (jacket is fair)
  • Die Hard THX
  • Die Hard 2 THX
  • Die Hard With a Vengeance THX
  • Dinner at Eight (Diamond Jubilee Collection)
  • Doctor Zhivago
  • Dog Day Afternoon (FS)
  • The Dream is Alive
  • Dressed To Kill UNRATED
  • Empire of the Sun (CAV) Jacket is pretty ratty
  • Empire of the Sun (CLV)(contains the supplement “China Odyssey”)
  • Excalibur
  • The Fifth Element (AC-3) (sealed)
  • Flamingo Kid (FS)
  • Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (sealed)
  • The Fugitive
  • Glory (2 copies)
  • Great Train Robbery
  • A GRP Christmas Collection (sealed)
  • Gypsy Angels
  • Hell in the Pacific. With both endings.
  • Home Alone
  • Independence Day (AC-3)
  • Jaws (sealed)
  • Jennifer 8
  • Jurassic Park THX (CLV)(sealed but has creases on the back)
  • Jurassic Park: The Lost World THX (AC-3)
  • Last Action Hero
  • The Last Detail
  • Let It Ride
  • Life of Brian (FS)
  • The Lives of a Bengal Tiger (Discovision)
  • The Longest Day
  • The Long Riders
  • The Lost Continent (sealed)
  • Lost in America
  • Love & Death/Bananas
  • The Magnificent Seven
  • The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
  • Men In Black (AC-3)
  • Mission: Impossible (AC-3)
  • Monty Python Volume 1
  • Monty Python Volume 6
  • Much Ado About Nothing
  • The Naked Gun (FS)
  • The Naked Gun 2 ½ : The Smell of Fear
  • Never Cry Wolf (FS)
  • The Never Ending Story
  • Nine to Five (FS)
  • North by Northwest
  • An Officer and a Gentleman
  • The Old Man and the Sea
  • On the Waterfront
  • Paint Your Wagon
  • Peggy Sue Got Married (FS)
  • The Pink Panther
  • Pork Chop Hill
  • Quartermass and the Pit (sealed, but bottom left corner has a small ding)
  • Radio Days (FS)
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show THX
  • Rollerball
  • Ruthless People (FS)
  • Seven
  • Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
  • Disney’s Shaggy Dog (older version)
  • Sorcerer (FS)
  • Species THX (AC-3)
  • Stanger Than Paradise
  • Star Trek: First Contact THX (AC-3)
  • Star Wars Trilogy (original widescreen, not THX)($25)
  • Sullivan’s Travels
  • Superman: The Movie (sealed)
  • They Were Expendable
  • The Thing – John Carpenter (sealed)
  • The Thing – John Carpenter – jacket is split top and bottom
  • Three Men and a Baby (FS)
  • The Three Worlds of Gulliver (Harryhausen)(CAV) Pioneer Special Edition
  • Time After Time (FS)(sealed)($20)
  • Topkapi
  • Total Recall
  • Tremors (FS)
  • The Twelve Chairs
  • Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me ($15)
  • Twister CAV THX (AC-3)
  • Under Seige
  • Wake of the Red Witch 45th Anniversary
  • Wayne’s World
  • Wayne’s World 2
  • West Side Story
  • Who’ll Stop the Rain
  • Wholy Moses!
  • Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (FS)
  • The Year of Living Dangerously
Laser Discs Wanted
  • 1776 Pioneer Special Edition
  • Adventures of Mark Twain, Claymation
  • All This and Tex Avery Too!
  • Art of Tom & Jerry box sets, Volumes 2 & 3
  • Blowup, Criterion
  • Cat People, Criterion
  • David Lynch : INDUSTRIAL SYMPHONY NO. 1
  • Ken Burns, The Civil War box set
  • The Fisher King, Criterion
  • Five Came Back
  • Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Volume 5
  • Joan Jett “The Jett Age”
  • Laura
  • Laurel & Hardy – Pack Up Your Troubles, Others
  • Life of Oharu, Criterion
  • Little Rascals box sets, Volumes 3 & 4
  • Man Bites Dog, Criterion
  • Metropolis – Moroder version
  • Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
  • Olivia Newton-John – Down Under (NTSC only)
  • Olivia Newton-John – Soul Kiss (NTSC only)
  • The Prince and the Pauper – Errol Flynn
  • Seven Brides For Seven Brothers - WS, 2-disc, blue jacket (NOT the yellow one!)
  • Tex Avery Screwball Classics
  • Song of the South – Hong Kong release
  • Sword of Doom, Criterion
  • Throne of Blood, Criterion CAV or CLV
  • Twin Peaks Visual Soundtrack, Japanese import
  • Ugetsu, Criterion
  • Wackiest Ship in the Army
  • Yog, Monster From Outer Space, Japan import
  • Valley Girl
  • Yellow Rolls-Royce
  • Zulu Dawn
Many, many more, especially Criterions, box sets and – maybe – Russ Meyer LDs.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Three Callaberos/Saludos Amigos (3 discs, CAV). Box has a ding and a small split, otherwise very good ($50)
It is worth noting that this includes footage censored from DVD (Goofy smoking cigarettes), and also includes audio-only radio featurettes and other promotional material that is missing from the DVDs and will likely not see the light of day on DVD.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Allan

I always think I have a lot of LDs till I see your for sale list

Are you interested in these fairly rare (I believe) discs?

Legend - Very Rare Japanese import

When worlds collide-1951 color

That'll be the Day- Ringo David Essex and Keith Moon

I have Tex Avery Screwball Classics (almost bought David Lynch : INDUSTRIAL SYMPHONY NO. 1 last week...it was gone today $%^&!) and the DVD of AI

See enough that you like for your tex avery box?

let me know

Grant

Christian Dolan

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,

Sorry, my e-mail’s going screwy. I sent you another message today. If that one doesn’t go, I’ll just write to you here on the forum.

-Christian

Christian Dolan

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,
I've given up on my e-mail. I'm interested in the "THX WOW" disc if it's still available. The only thing I have for possible trade would be the CLV Criterions of both "The Killer" and "Hard Boiled". They're movie only, but they both look and sound great. Even if these discs don't interest you, I'd still like the "THX" disc. Please write back when you have a minute:
[email protected]
Thanks,
Christian

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Chris: The THX disc is still available. I already have the Criterion Hard Boiled and The Killer CAV LDs - sorry.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Chris: Just in case you can't get my e-mail, shipping is $4.35 Priority, $2.50 Media Mail, both with delivery confirmation. Insurance, if you want it, is $1.10.

Christian Dolan

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,

I'll take Media Mail with insurance, please. I'll pay with Paypal. I beleive you can get my address from them.

Thanks,

Christian

Christian Dolan

Stunt Coordinator
Alan,
Sorry, I goofed on your e-mail address when I tried to pay on the 18th. I just corrected it today, so, yes, I'm still interested :) .
Thanks,
Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks