What's new

Led Zeppelin DVD Box Set (1 Viewer)

Eric_AP

Stunt Coordinator
Umm, did you go to the link? Did you read the production log? It has only been since about a year ago that this project started and that this link has been active. This is the real deal and the project's progress is contained in the "post-production log." A ton of money and progress has already occurred. Check out this log:
Kids Are Alright Production Log
I think your impression is based on earlier discussed projects that never got off the ground.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is more from http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=5320
You may have caught the news that rapidly circulated the internet a week ago, when the press release concerning the release of the Led Zeppelin live double DVD set and the accompanying triple live CD package was dropped on a (relatively) unsuspecting world.
I was lucky enough to be invited to spend an hour in the company of Dick Carruthers, who is co-producer/director of the DVD alongside Jimmy Page, at M Productions studio in West London.
check out the link for more
:emoji_thumbsup:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh hell yeah! :)
but the level of attention which has been paid to preparing, cleaning, colour grading and restoring the film and video elements is worthy of a feature film remastering project, and a high budget one at that
Can't be any more high budget than those dream sequences in The Song Remains The Same! :D ;)

RobD

Second Unit
Anyone have any idea of the UK R2 release date? (Wont hold out for it if its too far off the R1 releaase)

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
Here's an update on the extras for this set, from Link Removed:
EXTRAS ON DISC 1:
Danish TV 1969
-Communication Breakdown
-Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
-How Many More Times
Tous en Scene - French TV 1969
-Communication Breakdown
SUPERSHOW 1969
-Dazed & Confused
Promo: Communication Breakdown (mono)
Credit: Heartbreaker
EXTRAS ON DISC 2:
Australian TV - excerpts 1972
-Rock 'n Roll
-Interview with John Bonham
Old Grey Whistle Test 1975
-Interview with Robert Plant
Promo 1990:
-Over The Hills And Far Away
-Travelling Riverside Blues
NBC interview 1970
Based on the promised content and length of time and what has been accounted for thus far, there may be more things to come, perhaps as easter eggs!

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Neat blurb on the Digital bits and neat cover art....
Also Matt's sent word of new details on Warner's upcoming Led Zeppelin DVD (street date 5/27). This comes from a music industry source who was able to see some of the material on the set at a recent screening (thanks to that person for the info):
"The selected performances I saw were from Royal Albert Hall (1970), which consisted mostly of early blues-ier material, including a part of Dazed and Confused (rumor has it the full DVD version is around 25 min long); Madison Square Garden - 1973 (alternate and outtakes from the Song Remains the Same movie, including a SMOKING version of The Ocean (how this got left out of the movie is beyond me), and Misty Mountain Hop); Earl's Court - 1975 - superb version of Going to California with Jones on mandolin and Page on acoustic (no Bonham) as well as a great In My Time of Dying; and Knebworth 1979 (incl. Nobody's Fault but Mine and Kashmir). There was some other footage from venues I couldn't identify (incl. a bootleg video w/ prof. quality-audio Immigrant Song). Picture quality ranges from good on the older stuff to completely professionally shot on the stuff from MSG-forward, incorporates some bootleg footage and good still images to fill in space where footage was unavailable due to technical limitations of the time (it works to good effect - the editing on this is well-done); sound quality is excellent. I have no details on any extras, menus, sound options, packaging, etc. as they showed us a preview copy of just performances. The bottom line (and I'm not just shilling for my company's product here): There are going to be many Zeppelin fans who are going to be VERY happy come the end of May when this comes out. I walked out of that screening genuinely excited about getting a copy of this and watching it on my home system, and the people I spoke with agreed with me."

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Awesome! Between this and the just released Beatles Anthology, 2003 is proving to be landmark year for music-related dvds! :emoji_thumbsup:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You guys are not helping May 27 get here any faster by posting these mouth-watering updates! :D

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
Eric,
Thanks for the reminder about The Kids Are Alright! The only way this year could get any better is if we get that rumored Let It Be release for Christmas! :)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Now if only they would release Pink Floyd: Live at Pompei I could die a happy man....oh wait....they are releasing it......

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Our classic rock station, Rock 101 in Vancouver is advertising Led Zep live at the IMAX theater. Does anyone have any info on this? I'm assuming it's parts of the DVD broken down to a couple of hours.

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne -
On May 27th, there will be "DVD premieres" at a few large cities throughout the US. The one in NYC at the 34th St. Loews Theaters will be attended by none other than Mssrs Jones, Page and Plant! It is expected that there is a two-hour cut of the DVD that will be played, but no info about what that will consist of exists. Since your local DJ mentioned it playing at the IMAX, I would assume they are extending this to Canada. This IMAX is probably the top-flight theater in Vancouver that will be showing it.
Clear Channel is running contests in each of these cities to giveaway tickets to these events, so I assume that CC has something to do with coordinating this whole deal.
In the UK, they are doing the same thing, tomorrow (May 15)! I think the BBC is coordinating it there. So quite a few Brits will soon have advance knowledge about how the DVD looks. Jones, Page and Plant are also attending the premiere in London as well.
One thing Zeppelin fans have been wondering the last few months is whether there would be a theatrical release of the DVD. Personally, I really doubt it, considering a.) people are not going to pay $10 to see it in a theater once if they can pay $20+ to OWN it and see it as many times as they like, and b.) there is already too many movies in the theaters now to compete against, especially during the summer. But if they have gone through the trouble of printing reels for a certain amount of theaters, maybe those theaters will keep a few slots open in the next couple of weeks to replay it for those who want to see Zeppelin REALLY BIG.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks