What's new

Josh's Blind Buys: Watching The Unseen Collection (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My official review for Twilight Time's release of "No Down Payment" has just been posted:

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/no-down-payment-blu-ray-review.357297/

I'm particularly pleased with how this review came out. I tried to expand my usual focus beyond just the film itself to also explore how the use of a particular format, black & white CinemaScope in this case, was an intrical part of the film itself. It's a little heavier on analysis than usual, but I think the film merited the discussion. I hope you enjoy both the review and the film itself!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
This is a film I’ve always avoided. Why a hit broadway musical with evocative and really funny songs, would be stripped of its score before filming is a complete mystery to me. The story is often the weakest part of a musical. Why choose to concentrate on that aspect only?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve never seen Irma La Douce properly. I saw bits on PBS. I was curious about Grace Lee Whitney’s part in the film. It must have been pretty small. Good to see Billy Wilder gave her another role.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder what the musical was actually like.

Grace Lee was blink and miss, but I agree, nice to see her even in a small part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks