What's new

Klipsch & Rear Channel Speakers. (1 Viewer)

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Today my new amp(s) come in so I can turn my Onkyo 797 into a pre/pro. I will be using a AMC 2n100-5 and a Carver AV 405 for the rears.
My set-up by August will be.
Mains RF-7
Center RC-7
Surrounds KLF-20
Rear RC-3
I also have a pair of RF-3's (left over after adding the RF-7's). Should I place these at the rear's or trade them in on the RF-7s and purchase one more RC-3? How much sound is actually filtered to the rear channel? I also have a room size issue as this room is 16 x 14.
I have heard that a center channel speaker with two drivers utilize basically one driver and passively uses the second for bass. Is this also true in the rear as this is a crossover issue? If this is true I can only assume that the RF-3s would sound MUCH better. I would also consider trading the RF-3's in for the RB-5 II's as I think they sound great with a small footprint.
Any help is appreciated:) .

Cam S

Screenwriter
Those RC-3's may be outgunned by the much larger RF-7's. I have the RC-3 and was wondering if the RF-7's would be ok with them, but everyone has said they would over power the RC-3. A better match would be the RC-7 or an older KLF-C7.

BTW, Nice speakers!

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Thanks Cam!:)
But it has taken me years to get here.:emoji_thumbsup:
Yah, up front the RC-3 was no match for the 20's and the 7's are more outrageous.
I was wondering how a center channel speaker works in the rear and how much power/sound is delivered to them. Like I said before I didn't know until recently that the center channel with two drivers uses one as a dominant and one as passive. I certainly do not want that behind me...or do I ?

Mike Strassburg

Second Unit
Phil,

I'm using a KLF-C7 in the rear of my all Legend set-up and it sounds great. Very detailed and plenty of volume.

IMO there isn't that much sound sent to the rear, so a good CC should have NO problem performing as a rear center.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Mike,
Thanks for the reply. Yesterday I decided to go ahead and get the RF-7's for mains and place the RF-3's in the rear(decided, not done). My reasoning is they are more responsive and I do enjoy all-channel music. I will amp these to provide more juice and the RF-3 have a wider response range.
If I were doing only HT I would have done just that.
Again thanks.
Phil:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks