What's new

Klipsch? In wall mounts (1 Viewer)

PCRIDE

Agent
Real Name
Speaker
I’ve solidified my design finally and will do in wall 8” Klipsch speakers. My question is about the price on these. On the OEM website the 5800 II sells for around $375 each. On many websites such as hifidiscounts the prices are much less, as low as $200. Klipsch websites lists the hifi website and many other sites and vendors as unofficial /unauthorized and Klipsch won’t provide the OEM warranty if purchased through anyone but them and authorized sellers.
Now assuming the warranty is only a year, I could care less about that. Klipsch seems to use the scare tactics as these products can be counterfeit and have fake serial numbers.

Is it ok to purchase from one of these vendors and get a legit product? I just purchased the 12” 400 watt Klipsch sub on sale at Costco. Trying to get the in wall speakers at a better price than MSRP

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
Are you talking about the CDT5800 II's? Those are in-ceiling speakers. I purchased those from a Non-Klipsch retailer for my rear surrounds on my main system before finding them even cheaper on eBay, which I then purchased some CDT 3650 II for our master bathroom. I plan on following that with another pair of the CDDT 5800 II from Ebay for the master bedroom and do away with floor-standing speakers in the bedroom. So, yeah, I think it is fine. Mine came in factory boxes, never opened. Now, having said all of that, Corey at Peducah Home Theater in Peducah Kentucky makes incredible deals and ships fast, if you just have to purchase from an authorized dealer. He has a Klipsch Facebook page and will be happy to help you. Good luck on your purchase.

PCRIDE

Agent
Real Name
Speaker
Thank you. Yes same version but the in wall ones which are the 8” with directional tweeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks