What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (4 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

2K Restoration!

Strangers in the House (1942) aka The Strangers in the House

Screenplay by Henri-Georges Clouzot (The Wages of Fear, Diabolique)
Based on a Novel by Georges Simenon (Inspector Maigret, Panique)
Starring Raimu, Juliet Faber & Jean Tissier
Directed by Henri Decoin (Raid on the Chnouf)
Shot by Jules Kruger (Grandpa the Moko)

1664031798643.png

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
This sounds like another winning release from Kino.
I love the work of Clouzot and look forward to welcoming Strangers In The House into my ever increasing Kino French film collection.
Many thanks for the release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master – From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative

Death Wish (1974)
Starring Charles Bronson, Hope Lange, Vincent Gardenia, Steven Keats, Stuart Margolin, Stephen Elliott & Jeff Goldblum – Shot by Arthur J. Ornitz (Serpico) – Music by Herbie Hancock (A Soldier’s Story) – Screenplay by Wendell Mayes (Anatomy of a Murder) – Directed by Michael Winner (Chato’s Land, The Mechanic, The Stone Killer).

1664118075804.png

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master – From a 4K Scan of the Original Camera Negative

Death Wish (1974)
Starring Charles Bronson, Hope Lange, Vincent Gardenia, Steven Keats, Stuart Margolin, Stephen Elliott & Jeff Goldblum – Shot by Arthur J. Ornitz (Serpico) – Music by Herbie Hancock (A Soldier’s Story) – Screenplay by Wendell Mayes (Anatomy of a Murder) – Directed by Michael Winner (Chato’s Land, The Mechanic, The Stone Killer).

View attachment 155074
I saw this when it first came out but never since!

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I had not seen Death Wish for many years till about a year ago on streaming in Australia.
The film has aged well and I think that Charles Bronson is really solid in the lead.
it will be interesting to hear comments on the image quality with this new release; I have only seen problematic prints but I am sure that Kino and Paramount will make every effort to produce great looking disc.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I had not seen Death Wish for many years till about a year ago on streaming in Australia.
The film has aged well and I think that Charles Bronson is really solid in the lead.
it will be interesting to hear comments on the image quality with this new release; I have only seen problematic prints but I am sure that Kino and Paramount will make every effort to produce great looking disc.
My recollection of the first run prints (or the one I saw) was that they looked dark/brown ... even the sequences shot in full daylight at Old Tuscon were extremely grainy.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
My recollection of the first run prints (or the one I saw) was that they looked dark/brown ... even the sequences shot in full daylight at Old Tuscon were extremely grainy.
Yes, my memory of the print I saw is similar to that. That might be one reason I've never watched the film a second time! I did find the film's underlying premise interesting and I'll probably buy this disc if informed opinions give it the thumbs up.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Brilliant film and when shown at my local flea pit each time Bronson took down the muggers etc... everyone stood up and cheered until the roof shook. Sadly nobody quite like Bronson around today.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray November 1st from Cohen Media Group and Kino Lorber!

The Good Boss
Directed by Fernando León de Aranoa
Starring Javier Bardem, Manolo Solo, Almudena Amor

Pre-order: https://www.kinolorber.com/product/t...d-boss-blu-ray

Academy Award Winner Javier Bardem stars as Blanco, proprietor of Básculas Blanco, a Spanish company producing industrial scales in a provincial Spanish town, which awaits the imminent visit from a committee that will decide if they merit a local Business Excellence award: everything has to be perfect when the time comes. Working against the clock, Blanco pulls out all the stops to address and resolve issues with his employees, crossing every imaginable line in the process.

Special features:
*Interviews with Javier Bardem and Fernando Leon de Aránoa from Deadline Contenders International and Los Angeles courtesy of PMC
*English subtitles
*Theatrical trailer

GoodBoss_BR_3D.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I saw The Good Boss in the theater last month. It's great! I would encourage anyone who is interested and might not have seen it yet to check it out. I look forward to a high quality home release of it. Thanks Kino!

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Commander? Liam Neeson on line 1. He doesn't sound very happy.
DEATHWISH was I think the first of the : people v the muggers etc ...as directed by Michael Winner that was filmed in a very violent manner and even more so Deathwish 2 . I like Liam Neeson and his hard man movies but with Neeson he never seems to get injured and delivers one punch and with that one punch 5 men fall to the ground kayoed which is a bit stupid. Bronson was more I suppose realistic and the movie was a huge success . I shall buy the new 4K UHD . I think it will sell rather well for KL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks