What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (16 Viewers)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Going over these new Film Noir titles, I believe the only one I recall being on video before is Undertow, which came out in 1949, not 1945 as the announcement says. It was out on a TCM boxset -Dark Crimes Volume 2 along with 3 other titles a few years ago. These others I don't think have ever been out before.

Beckford

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
That's quite a smorgasbord of noirish tidbits. Not used to being confronted with so many menu choices all at once. Will definitely be getting Volume XII. Am hungry for any and all Cleo Moore/Hugo Haas items and this one's got "Hold Back Tomorrow". Volume XV also looks irresistible. Jeanne Crain and Elaine Stewart in Peyton Place-ish racy mode for "The Tattered Dress". Plus the weirdly compelling "Girl in the Kremlin". If I remember correctly Zsa Zsa adds some extra Gabor zip to the mix by playing a double role in this one.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I'm also in for THE TATTERED DRESS. I first saw it at MOMA, in '68 or '69, as part of this series of B movies, mostly sci-fi peppered with some melodramas. The screenings was connected with an exhibition of British pop art--mostly collage---in the galleries upstairs. I think the artists used images from the movies that were programmed in their work. I have the catalogue floating around somewhere. For me, the films were a lot more interesting. Anyway, I saw THE TATTERED DRESS on the same day as THE FLY and CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN. There was a certain allure involved with seeing grindhouse fare in such posh surroundings. But THE TATTERED DRESS, in particular, amazed me. I've been waiting to see it again ever since.

jack phillips

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
Kino Lorber, I've waited what seems a lifetime to get The Tattered Dress on DVD and blu ray. Thank you for getting it out in my lifetime, I'd almost given up hope. Looking forward to The Night Runner and The Girl In The Kremlin too.

My good friend Charles was eagerly anticipating a blu ray release of The Tattered Dress too and even suggested KL might release down the line. Alas, he passed away on July 21st but rest assured old friend, I'll be thinking of you when I watch it for the both of us.
TTD is a favorite of mine as well. I'm assuming the AR will be correct?

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
Only seen a few of these.

Great: One Way Street
Good: Appointment with a Shadow, The Tattered Dress, Outside the Wall
Fair: Undertow, The Night Runner

Definitely in for Volume XIV. Haven't seen Undercover Girl, but Pevney directed one of my all-time favorites, Female on the Beach.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Kino Lorber, I've waited what seems a lifetime to get The Tattered Dress on DVD and blu ray. Thank you for getting it out in my lifetime, I'd almost given up hope. Looking forward to The Night Runner and The Girl In The Kremlin too.

My good friend Charles was eagerly anticipating a blu ray release of The Tattered Dress too and even suggested KL might release down the line. Alas, he passed away on July 21st but rest assured old friend, I'll be thinking of you when I watch it for the both of us.
I've also been waiting for a long time for The Tattered Dress. It's a good film with a very strong cast. I'm probably going to buy every one of these new box-sets!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
In fairness, Kino has at least released it again in the proper aspect ratio.

True enough. Six years later. We don't know if Criterion will or won't do the same. My point is that everyone makes mistakes, or at least questionable decisions, once in a while, and they may (or may not) correct those down the line.

But we're straying from the topic, so I will say no more about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks