What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (13 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in October!

Come September (1961)
Starring Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Sandra Dee, Bobby Darin, Joel Grey, Walter Slezak, Brenda de Banzie & Rossana Rory – Shot by William H. Daniels (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) – Screenplay by Stanley Shapiro (Pillow Talk) & Maurice Richlin (The Pink Panther) – Story by Stanley Roberts (The Caine Mutiny) & Robert Russell (The More the Merrier) – Directed by Robert Mulligan (To Kill a Mockingbird, Love with the Proper Stranger, Summer of ’42).

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says 'Rook Hudson Gina Lollobrigida Sandra Dee Bobby Darin Walter Slezak Come September TECHNICOLOR® LENSES ANAVISION® SHAPIRO RICHLIN .Directedby ROBERT MULLIGAN Associate PICTURES CORPORATION- RAOUL WALSH ENTERPRISES, INC. HENRY WILLSON Producedby ROBERT ARTHUR ONAL RELEASE )'

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

Coming in October!

Come September (1961)
Starring Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Sandra Dee, Bobby Darin, Joel Grey, Walter Slezak, Brenda de Banzie & Rossana Rory – Shot by William H. Daniels (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) – Screenplay by Stanley Shapiro (Pillow Talk) & Maurice Richlin (The Pink Panther) – Story by Stanley Roberts (The Caine Mutiny) & Robert Russell (The More the Merrier) – Directed by Robert Mulligan (To Kill a Mockingbird, Love with the Proper Stranger, Summer of ’42).

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says 'Rook Hudson Gina Lollobrigida Sandra Dee Bobby Darin Walter Slezak Come September TECHNICOLOR® LENSES ANAVISION® SHAPIRO RICHLIN .Directedby ROBERT MULLIGAN Associate PICTURES CORPORATION- RAOUL WALSH ENTERPRISES, INC. HENRY WILLSON Producedby ROBERT ARTHUR ONAL RELEASE )''Rook Hudson Gina Lollobrigida Sandra Dee Bobby Darin Walter Slezak Come September TECHNICOLOR® LENSES ANAVISION® SHAPIRO RICHLIN .Directedby ROBERT MULLIGAN Associate PICTURES CORPORATION- RAOUL WALSH ENTERPRISES, INC. HENRY WILLSON Producedby ROBERT ARTHUR ONAL RELEASE )'
Finally!!!!❤️

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member

Coming in October!

Come September (1961)

May be an image of 4 people, people standing and text that says 'Rook Hudson Gina Lollobrigida Sandra Dee Bobby Darin Walter Slezak Come September TECHNICOLOR® LENSES ANAVISION® SHAPIRO RICHLIN .Directedby ROBERT MULLIGAN Associate PICTURES CORPORATION- RAOUL WALSH ENTERPRISES, INC. HENRY WILLSON Producedby ROBERT ARTHUR ONAL RELEASE )''Rook Hudson Gina Lollobrigida Sandra Dee Bobby Darin Walter Slezak Come September TECHNICOLOR® LENSES ANAVISION® SHAPIRO RICHLIN .Directedby ROBERT MULLIGAN Associate PICTURES CORPORATION- RAOUL WALSH ENTERPRISES, INC. HENRY WILLSON Producedby ROBERT ARTHUR ONAL RELEASE )'
One of my favorite romcoms ever! October can't get here soon enough!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Coming in October!

Come September (1961)

I'll say the obvious. You would think it would be coming in September.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming in October!

The Pursuit of D.B. Cooper (1981)
Starring Robert Duvall, Treat Williams, Kathryn Harrold, Ed Flanders, Paul Gleason, R.G. Armstrong & Nicolas Coster – Shot by Harry Stradling Jr. (Convoy) & Charles F. Wheeler (Silent Running) – Music by James Horner (Titanic) – Screenplay by Jeffrey Alan Fiskin (Cutter’s Way) – Directed by Roger Spottiswoode (Shoot to Kill).

May be an image of 1 person and text

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Coming in October!

Starring Robert Duvall, Treat Williams, Kathryn Harrold, Ed Flanders, Paul Gleason, R.G. Armstrong & Nicolas Coster – Shot by Harry Stradling Jr. (Convoy) & Charles F. Wheeler (Silent Running) – Music by James Horner (Titanic) – Screenplay by Jeffrey Alan Fiskin (Cutter’s Way) – Directed by Roger Spottiswoode (Shoot to Kill).

Robert Duvall is great in this. Another 'Holy Grail', 'Hidden Gem' or whatever term applies to check off the list!!!!!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 28th!

Illustrious Corpses (1976) aka The Context
• 4K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker Alex Cox
• English and Italian Theatrical Trailers
• In Italian with Optional English Subtitles

Color 121 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From Francesco Rosi, the masterful director of Salvatore Giuliano, Hands Over the City, The Mettei Affair, Christ Stopped at Eboli and Lucky Luciano, comes the politically charged crime thriller Illustrious Corpses (aka The Context). Cinema icon Lino Ventura (The Sicilian Clan, Razzia Sur La Chnouf) stars as Inspector Rogas, a detective assigned to investigate the mysterious murders of some Supreme Court judges. During the investigation he discovers a conspiracy that involves the Italian Communist Party. Beautifully photographed by Pasqualino De Santis (Romeo and Juliet), this gripping neo-noir takes what Rosi called “a trip through the monsters and monstrosities of power.” The stellar international cast includes Tino Carraro (The Cat o’ Nine Tails), Marcel Bozzuffi (The Valdez Horses), Paolo Bonacelli (Midnight Express), Alain Cuny (Emmanuelle), Luigi Pistilli (For a Few Dollars More), Renato Salvatori (Luna), Tina Aumont (Fellini’s Casanova), Fernando Rey (Seven Beauties), Max von Sydow (Needful Things) and Charles Vanel (The Wages of Fear).

738329255589.jpg

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just noticed the October 5th releases - Secret of the Blue Room , Spider Woman Strikes Back are now in the TBD section. I wonder what happened ? :emoji_open_mouth:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just noticed the October 5th releases - Secret of the Blue Room , Spider Woman Strikes Back are now in the TBD section. I wonder what happened ? :emoji_open_mouth:
Actually, until recently, it was October 19th, for the following four titles that are now Coming Soon:

The Mad Doctor
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Secret of the Blue Room
The Spider Woman Strikes Back

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Want to thanks Kino and Mr Insider for all the wonderful hours of movie watching. Too bad you cannot make a deal with Disney and Fox now one and the same - how wonderful would it be to see those films from those studios be freed from the vaults UNEDITED etc!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

Coming in October!

I recall this film being a staple on early pay tv services. Saw it in a cinema and then watched it many times on TV. I have not seen it since the 1980s though I believe. I think I had a thing for Kathryn Harrold at the time mostly due to this picture.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Actually, until recently, it was October 19th, for the following four titles that are now Coming Soon:

The Mad Doctor
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Secret of the Blue Room
The Spider Woman Strikes Back
October 5th was stuck in my brain for some reason, but it was still October but I guess they are being pushed back, probably more work needs to be done & / or some extras ?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Want to thanks Kino and Mr Insider for all the wonderful hours of movie watching. Too bad you cannot make a deal with Disney and Fox now one and the same - how wonderful would it be to see those films from those studios be freed from the vaults UNEDITED etc!
Oooops I should have edited my post --- "Want to thank . . . ." Check out this 1951 Brit Newsreel tied to "The Blue Lamp?" https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+blue+lamp+1950+film&&view=detail&mid=056175E3E589603E8480056175E3E589603E8480&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=the%20blue%20lamp%201950%20film&qs=n&form=QBVDMH&sp=-1&pq=the%20blue%20lamp%201950%20film&sc=1-23&sk=&cvid=2EDC609A313B4ADC88088B88E43BA113 Has anyone seen the film have not seen it reviewed here want to grab this soon!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks