What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (16 Viewers)

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Code Red is a label I have always associated with horror films, euro-exploitation etc., so it seems rather odd this film will be coming from them and not Kino Lorber. That said, I'm glad just to see it getting a HD release, ofcourse. I'm hopeful (though not much) the film will finally get a optional stereo or surround mix.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Coming September 14th!

Arabesque (1966)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Howard S. Berger, Steve Mitchell and Nathaniel Thompson
Music by Mancini: Archival Featurette with Henry Mancini and Nationally Syndicated Columnist Leonard Feather (9:33)
• Theatrical Trailer (Restored in 2K and 2:35:1)
• Theatrical Teaser (Restored in 2K and 1.85:1)
• Television Trailer (Restored in 2K)
• 5 TV Spots (Restored in 2K)
• Poster Gallery
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase (2500)
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 105 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Ultra Mod! Ultra Mad! Ultra Mystery! Enter the world of Arabesque—a high-speed, high-class tale of international intrigue starring screen icons Gregory Peck (Duel in the Sun, Mirage) and Sophia Loren (Five Miles to Midnight, Marriage Italian Style). An American hieroglyphics professor (Peck) is hired by a mysterious Arab oil magnate to decipher a secret message. When the hidden meaning is revealed, the chase is on as he and the oil magnate’s exotic yet unpredictable companion (Loren) find themselves caught in the middle of an assassination plot. The great Stanley Donen (Singin’ in the Rain, Charade) directed this exciting romantic thriller that features the stylish music of Henry Mancini (The Pink Panther, Touch of Evil) and the acting talents of Alan Badel (Force 10 from Navarone), Kieron Moore (David and Bathsheba) and George Coulouris (Citizen Kane).

View attachment 99823
Not entirely sure I get why this is getting re-issued with no new announcement for a video upgrade, which is badly needed. The old Blu wasn't impressive and double-dipping for a new audio commentary isn't enough. Regrets.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Coming September 21st from CODE RED and Kino Lorber!

Pufnstuf (1970)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 95 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated G
From Land of The Lost producers, Sid & Marty Krofft, comes a family comedy filled with mirth, magic and music. After a bad day at school, Jimmy (Jack Wild, Oliver!, Melody, TV’s H.R. Pufnstuf) runs to the shore to play his flute, but he can't believe his eyes when his ordinary flute comes to life! When a magical talking boat appears, he boards the ship only to discover that it has been sent by an evil witch named Witchiepoo to keep him prisoner and take his flute. It's up to the fantastic dragon H.R. Pufnstuf and his comical companions, Cling and Clang, to come to the rescue in an adventure beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Directed by TV veteran Hollingsworth Morse (Zorro, The Lone Ranger) and co-starring Billie Hayes (The Black Cauldron), Martha Raye (Jumbo), Billy Barty (Foul Play), Felix Silla (Buck Rogers in the 25th Century) and music legend ‘Mama’ Cass Elliot.

View attachment 101222
Great news on this one and happy to see its OAR. I will be getting this.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
JUNE SWOON Sale (400 Blu-rays)! Starts Now!
https://www.kinolorber.com/list/view/code/june-swoon-2021

Free USA Shipping: Orders of $50 or More!
Sale ENDS Wednesday, July 14th!

June Swoon.jpg

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Not entirely sure I get why this is getting re-issued with no new announcement for a video upgrade, which is badly needed. The old Blu wasn't impressive and double-dipping for a new audio commentary isn't enough. Regrets.
And now trailers are "restored" in 2K? TRAILERS?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 28th!

Lucky Luciano (1973)
• 4K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Critic and Author Simon Abrams
• Trailers
• In English and Italian with Optional English Subtitles

Color 105 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Director Francesco Rosi and star Gian Maria Volontè (Many Wars Ago, The Mattei Affair, Christ Stopped at Eboli) paint a brilliant, epic portrait of notorious Mafia boss Charles “Lucky” Luciano. In 1946, after serving time for the murder of his colleagues in crime, Luciano was pardoned and sent back to his homeland of Sicilia. Rather than changing his life around, it was here that he became one of the most powerful leaders of crime the world has ever known. Shot in docudrama style by cinematographer Pasqualino De Santis (Death in Venice), Lucky Luciano is a riveting “film-dossier” on the thin line between legal and illegal powers. Quietly menacing in the title role, Volontè heads a cast featuring Rod Steiger (A Fistful of Dynamite), Edmond O’Brien (The Hitch-Hiker), Vincent Gardenia (The Front Page), Charles Cioffi (Klute), Larry Gates (In the Heat of the Night) and Luciano’s real-life nemesis, narcotics agent Charles Siragusa, as himself.

738329255565.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
And now trailers are "restored" in 2K? TRAILERS?
The disc includes a newly discovered interview with Henry Mancini, restored in 2K. TV spots, TV trailer, Theatrical teaser and trailer all restored in 2K, most have not been seen since they aired on TV. The release also includes a brand new commentary. But no one is asking you or the other person unhappy with the release to buy the disc, I'm sure it'll be a big seller for us.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Did Kino not reach out to Billie Hayes before she passed away about doing an interview, seeing as she was the only surviving cast member of both the film and TV series.
The film was acquired in June and will be released in September. She died in April as did Felix Silla, who had turned down our interview request for Buck Rogers over a year ago.
Aren't releases planed and assembled months/years before the press release even comes out though.
No, some key one are planned, but Code Red wanted to release this and Story of a Woman as soon as possible, so we scheduled both for September.

One final note, why do you post on this thread? I've never seen a positive post from you. It seems like all you do is complain and shoot down our releases and announcement. Don't you have something better to do?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
But no one is asking you or the other person unhappy with the release to buy the disc, I'm sure it'll be a big seller for us.
For whatever reason, it's clear a few posters have a bug up their arse about you guys. Haters are gonna hate, that's what they do but rest assured for the majority of us here, KL is an oasis for the collector in an ever spreading desert. Keep up the great work!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
The disc includes a newly discovered interview with Henry Mancini, restored in 2K. TV spots, TV trailer, Theatrical teaser and trailer all restored in 2K, most have not been seen since they aired on TV. The release also includes a brand new commentary. But no one is asking you or the other person unhappy with the release to buy the disc, I'm sure it'll be a big seller for us.
That wasn't really the point, as you know. The point is the word "restoration." Neither I, nor the "other person" are unhappy about anything (can you please point out to me in the post I made where I said I was unhappy about the release or anything else - I don't see it). I, and others, find the continued use of the word "restoration" for everything under the sun, well, amusing. Transferring something in 2K is not a restoration - the word has been rendered meaningless. Great news if it's a big seller for you. I've spent a good deal of money on your releases, friend, a good deal of money.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I am EXTREMELY grateful for all the releases KINO has put out for my collection.

While I don’t care for a lot of what KINO puts out, I appreciate very much what they do for the people these releases make happy.

I eagerly await MARTY 2.0 and MAN ON THE MOON!

thank you Mr. Insider!

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I am EXTREMELY grateful for all the releases KINO has put out for my collection.

While I don’t care for a lot of what KINO puts out, I appreciate very much what they and for the people these releases make happy.

I eagerly await MARTY 2.0 and MAN ON THE MOON!

thank you Mr. Insider!
I tune in daily for them

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
The disc includes a newly discovered interview with Henry Mancini, restored in 2K. TV spots, TV trailer, Theatrical teaser and trailer all restored in 2K, most have not been seen since they aired on TV..............
Terrific release and the interview with Henry Mancini alone is worth the purchase. The movie has a wonderful Mancini film score and the main opening theme over the credits is something composers today would NEVER be able to compose. Mancini was a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clerk13
Recent bookmarks