What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (14 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 21st!

Masquerade (1988)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Bob Swaim
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 91 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Rob Lowe (Youngblood, St. Elmo’s Fire, About Last Night), Meg Tilly (The Big Chill, Agnes of God, Impulse) and Kim Cattrall (Unforgettable, Mannequin, TV’s Sex and the City) ignite the screen in this sexually charged mystery about a wealthy woman who falls for the wrong man. Olivia (Tilly) seems to have it all: good looks, good breeding and a two-hundred-million-dollar fortune. But behind the serene façade of her Easthampton seaside estate, something is missing: passion. Enter Tim (Lowe), the sexy sailing instructor and playboy who’s not ashamed of sleeping with his boss’ insatiable wife (Cattrall) or social climbing for sport. And when he sets his sights on Olivia, she falls under the seductive spell of this handsome stranger, unaware that he has his eye on more than just her beauty—and his mind on something unimaginable! Written by renowned TV producer Dick Wolf (Law & Order, Chicago Fire) and directed by Bob Swaim (Half Moon Street, La Balance), this sizzling thriller features Doug Savant (TV’s Melrose Place), John Glover (52 Pick-Up) and Dana Delany (Exit to Eden) in supporting roles.

738329255008.jpg

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

A KLSC Double Feature Starring Sammy Davis Jr. & Peter Lawford!

Salt & Pepper (1968) Directed by Richard Donner (Superman, The Omen, Lethal Weapon)
One More Time (1970) Directed by Jerry Lewis (The Bellboy, The Ladies Man, The Nutty Professor)

May be an image of 3 people and text
At loong last, I can ditch my non-anamorphic DVDs

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, and they're both pretty good films. I'll definitely buy the other one. but this one I have on a good DVD so I'll watch that again before deciding whether or not to upgrade. (I can't afford to upgrade everything!)
I like the 1988 movie so I'll be purchasing it, even though, I have the HD digital in my iTunes digital library.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
Coming September 21st!

Masquerade (1988)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Bob Swaim
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 91 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated R
Rob Lowe (Youngblood, St. Elmo’s Fire, About Last Night), Meg Tilly (The Big Chill, Agnes of God, Impulse) and Kim Cattrall (Unforgettable, Mannequin, TV’s Sex and the City) ignite the screen in this sexually charged mystery about a wealthy woman who falls for the wrong man. Olivia (Tilly) seems to have it all: good looks, good breeding and a two-hundred-million-dollar fortune. But behind the serene façade of her Easthampton seaside estate, something is missing: passion. Enter Tim (Lowe), the sexy sailing instructor and playboy who’s not ashamed of sleeping with his boss’ insatiable wife (Cattrall) or social climbing for sport. And when he sets his sights on Olivia, she falls under the seductive spell of this handsome stranger, unaware that he has his eye on more than just her beauty—and his mind on something unimaginable! Written by renowned TV producer Dick Wolf (Law & Order, Chicago Fire) and directed by Bob Swaim (Half Moon Street, La Balance), this sizzling thriller features Doug Savant (TV’s Melrose Place), John Glover (52 Pick-Up) and Dana Delany (Exit to Eden) in supporting roles.

View attachment 100405
JOHN BARRY...............CD still available to this wonderful film score.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 21st!

Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (1982)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Director Allan Arkush and Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer
• 4 Radio Spots
• 3 TV Spots
• Newly Restored Theatrical Trailer
• Buttometer Teaser Trailer
• Reversible Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase

B&W 88 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
Steve Martin and Carl Reiner, the ingenious brains behind The Jerk and The Man with Two Brains, team up for Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid, the ultimate in comedy-noir. As the private eye of private eyes, Martin is Rigby Reardon. He’s tough, rough and ready to take on anything when Juliet Forrest (Rachel Ward, Sharky’s Machine, The Thorn Birds) appears on the scene with a case: her father, a noted scientist, philanthropist and cheesemaker, has died mysteriously. Reardon immediately smells a rat and follows a complex maze of clues that lead him to the “Carlotta Lists.” By weaving the plot and production design around memorable movie clips, Martin and Reiner summon some familiar friends to assist Reardon: Ingrid Bergman, Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Kirk Douglas, Ava Gardner, Cary Grant, Alan Ladd, Veronica Lake, Burt Lancaster, Charles Laughton, Fred MacMurray, Ray Milland, Vincent Price, Barbara Stanwyck and Lana Turner—just to name a few!

DMDWP.jpg

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
That’s what I was wondering… I’d love to hear what he has to say about this film.

incidentally, my mother LOATHES This film. Don’t have a clue why.

Shout Factory's most recent Dirty Rotten Scoundrels release didn't included any interviews from Steve or Michael Cane either. Last time I looked both are still alive and active. Did neither company decided to get in touch with their agents to inquire if they would do interviews for these releases? Oddly enough however Steve was interviewed for Shout's 40th Anniversary of The Jerk though.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
No interview with Steve Martin?
That’s what I was wondering… I’d love to hear what he has to say about this film.

incidentally, my mother LOATHES This film. Don’t have a clue why.
Like we didn't try? We tried to interview Martin, Ward and Rob Reiner, all three turned us down.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Shout Factory's most recent Dirty Rotten Scoundrels release didn't included any interviews from Steve or Michael Cane either. Last time I looked both are still alive and active. Did neither company decided to get in touch with their agents to inquire if they would do interviews for these releases? Oddly enough however Steve was interviewed for Shout's 40th Anniversary of The Jerk though.
Now you know why.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Like we didn't try? We tried to interview Martin, Ward and Rob Reiner, all three turned us down.
Huh.. Unless there's some odd stigma about working with "third party labels", or they wanted too much $$, or they just didn't have time, I don't quite get that. Sure, it's their right.
Maybe they think you guys are (to quote Lennie Briscoe/Jerry Orbach on "Law & Order") Communist spies or somthing.. ha ha

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Huh.. Unless there's some odd stigma about working with "third party labels" […]
If that’s the case, then the joke is on them. “Third party labels” or whatever, Kino Lorber is ever so much at the top of their game. :cool:

P.S. Looking forward to the new transfer of “Marty”. That’s a Day One, right there.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
damn it, seems like I just bought this and Arabesque, not all that long ago, with none of the bells and whistles that these releases have, so what has Universal planned for release on their mod program (recent announcements), that could be a potential release, keep em coming Kino,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks