What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (19 Viewers)

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
While I am very happy with this KINO news, they have already told me they have no interest in releasing the one film I’d love to see 😢😢😢😢; I will still happily support them, whatever they release.
Yes. I know which one you mean. Well don't give up. They might change their mind later. It has happened before.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
Fantastic news! My hope is still alive for some Dorothy Lamour ‘sarong’ films, and “Here Come the Nelsons” from the 1950s grouping.
That would be nice. I guess it is too much of a stretch to expect Gloria Jean, The Andrew Sisters and some of those other "B" titles from the 40s. I don't even know the condition some of them are in right now.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

• Brand New 2K Master

Now and Forever (1934)
Starring Gary Cooper, Carole Lombard, Shirley Temple & Guy Standing – Directed by Henry Hathway (The Shepherd of the Hills, Rawhide, Peter Ibbetson, The House on 92nd Street, The Lives of the Bengal Lancer).

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'GARY COOPER CAROLE LOMBARD Now and SHIRLEY TEMPLE fForever A PARAMOUNT PICTURE KEUSLEE''GARY COOPER CAROLE LOMBARD Now and SHIRLEY TEMPLE fForever A PARAMOUNT PICTURE KEUSLEE'
Wasn't expecting this one. I thought about buying this on the DVD from years ago that also had "Little Miss Marker". I'll be getting this. Thanks, Kino.

cadavra

Second Unit
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

• Brand New 2K Master

Now and Forever (1934)
Starring Gary Cooper, Carole Lombard, Shirley Temple & Guy Standing – Directed by Henry Hathway (The Shepherd of the Hills, Rawhide, Peter Ibbetson, The House on 92nd Street, The Lives of the Bengal Lancer).

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'GARY COOPER CAROLE LOMBARD Now and SHIRLEY TEMPLE fForever A PARAMOUNT PICTURE KEUSLEE''GARY COOPER CAROLE LOMBARD Now and SHIRLEY TEMPLE fForever A PARAMOUNT PICTURE KEUSLEE'

A sad story about this film. It was supposed to reunite Shirley with Dorothy Dell, a tremendous young actress who'd first come to attention in LITTLE MISS MARKER. But shortly before production was to begin, Dell was killed in an auto accident--she was only 19. When Shirley heard the news, she reportedly wept for days. Lombard replaced her--an odd irony in that she had turned down the role Dell played in her first feature, WHARF ANGEL.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Thank you Kino for giving the very under represented Shirley Temple an HD release, 3 great stars, and looking like a blind purchase
Unfortunately, the bulk of Temple's work -- especially her films as a child -- is trapped in FoxMouse purgatory. Interesting that this will be the fifth ST film on blu-ray, and three of them will have been from Kino. I keep hoping that Warner Archive has (at least) The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer in the pipeline. Seems like a no-brainer for them, what with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy in addition to Shirley Temple.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I haven't seen Now and Forever in probably fifty years. I'm so looking forward to seeing it again.

Funny. I just watched it within the past year. I replaced my original five (Fox) Temple box sets with the three newer, more compact sets (which also included a couple of films not in the previous sets), and binged them. Added in Universal's two-fer release of Little Miss Marker and Now and Forever.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

A KLSC Double Feature Starring Sammy Davis Jr. & Peter Lawford!

Salt & Pepper (1968) Directed by Richard Donner (Superman, The Omen, Lethal Weapon)
One More Time (1970) Directed by Jerry Lewis (The Bellboy, The Ladies Man, The Nutty Professor)

May be an image of 3 people and text

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

A KLSC Double Feature Starring Sammy Davis Jr. & Peter Lawford!

Salt & Pepper (1968) Directed by Richard Donner (Superman, The Omen, Lethal Weapon)
One More Time (1970) Directed by Jerry Lewis (The Bellboy, The Ladies Man, The Nutty Professor)

May be an image of 3 people and text

another great double announcement, and for serious completest, You get Cushing/Lee as Baron Frankenstein / Count Dracula as a cameo

RobertMG

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Okay being the voice of reason, I'm happy that Kino has released three of her titles, any complaints about Disney and fox should probably be addressed in an entirely different thread. Which there are some on here I know of.
Can u share the links?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Okay being the voice of reason, I'm happy that Kino has released three of her titles, any complaints about Disney and fox should probably be addressed in an entirely different thread. Which there are some on here I know of.
Exactly, this is the Kino Announcement thread which is why those previous posts are deleted.

timk1041

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Timothy
Their talent is not disputed. I'm talking strictly name recognition in an era where many people haven't even heard of Cary Grant or Groucho Marx.
Yes. No dispute on talent. Unbelievable though that some people don't even know Cary Grant and Groucho Marx.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Will THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE be available for pre order soon?
It's already up at the Kino web site:

1623687646145.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheadley
Recent bookmarks