What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Just go to the second post on this thread and you will see what titles didnt get release dates. I tried to copy and paste it but it posted every single title ever released. I will Never do that again as it took an hour to get the thousands of titles deleted.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Have they announced a date for MAN ON THE MOON?

I wonder if they could land an interview with Andy's Girlfriend, or his best friend, Bob Zmuda. I'd love to see an interview with Jim Carrey...

I wonder if KINO could add the Music Video to the Song MAN ON THE MOON by REM... I hope all the bonus stuff from the DVD will be ported over.
Perhaps they can go to the Burger King where Elvis goes and interview Andy there (if the rumors are true ;))!

1621826546329.png

Last edited:

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
see this thread from the past...
Good grief, I've seen enough Roadshows in my day to know the difference between an intermission and an entr'acte!

1. Charlton Heston walks away from the camera as Miklos Rozsa's score rises.
2. An intermission card (accompanied by Rozsa's score) comes on the screen.
3. The curtain closes as the intermission card and the music fade.
4. During the intermission, people get up out of their seats and line up to use the bathroom or go to the concession stand for their popcorn and candy or just get up and stretch their legs in the lobby.
5. After about 10-15 minutes, the intermission is over and often (but not always), the lights in the lobby flash to alert patrons the movie is going to resume.
6. The lights dim but don't go all the way to off and the entr'acte begins signifying the second half of the movie is starting.
7. As the final notes of the entr'acte play, the lights go from dim to dark and the curtains part.
8. The second half of the movie begins.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just go to the second post on this thread and you will see what titles didnt get release dates. I tried to copy and paste it but it posted every single title ever released. I will Never do that again as it took an hour to get the thousands of titles deleted.
Or you can simply access this Pre-Order Thread that has all of the announced Kino dates and is sticky at the top of the Blu-ray and UHD section.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KHUD!

Brand New Dolby Vision Master Supervised by the DP Russell Carpenter!
• Unrated Director’s Cut and U.S. Theatrical Cut!

Hard Target (1993)
Starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Lance Henriksen, Yancy Butler, Arnold Vosloo & Wilford Brimley – Shot by Russell Carpenter (Titanic, Ant-Man) – Edited by Bob Murawski (The Hurt Locker) – Written by Chuck Pfarrer (Darkman) – Directed by John Woo (The Killer, Hard Boiled, Face/Off).

May be an image of text that says 'VAN DAMME HARO TARGET Don't hunt what you can't kill. COLEYSNO COMING''VAN DAMME HARO TARGET Don't hunt what you can't kill. COLEYSNO COMING'
Is the "Director's Cut" the same as the "International Version" ?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MAN ON THE MOON:

I wonder if KINO could get the documentary JIM AND ANDY - the great beyond. I know it’s from NETFLIX, but it would be an amazing bonus feature.
I don't know if I've seen it listed in this thread but on Twitter, screenwriter Larry Karaszewski said that he, co-writer Scott Alexander, and historian Howard Berger have recorded a commentary for the disc.

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming August 31st from Kino Lorber and Scorpion Releasing!

The Devil’s 8 (1969)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Interview with Actor Larry Bishop
• Theatrical Trailer

A federal agent (Christopher George, Grizzly, Day of the Animals, Mortuary) helps six convicts escape from a chain gang in order to use them in his war on a moonshine ring, led by the sadistic Burl (Ralph Meeker, Kiss Me Deadly, Paths of Glory, The Naked Spur), Fabian (Thunder Alley), Larry Bishop (Angel Unchained, The Savage Seven), Tom Nardini (Self Defense, The Young Animals), Robert DoQui (Robocop, Guyana: Cult of the Damned), Joe Turkel (Blade Runner, The Shining), Ross Hagen (Armed Response, Alienator), Ron Rifkin (TV’s Alias, Silent Running) and Leslie Parrish (Crash, The Manchurian Candidate) all star in this two-fisted brutal actioner.

738329255060.jpg

unityofsaints

Auditioning
Real Name
Johannes
The Hitchcock set will now only include [The Ring (1927)/The Farmer's Wife (1928)/Champagne (1928)/The Manxman (1929)/The Skin Game (1931)] and should be also released in November. Number Seventeen and Rich and Strange will be out in 2020.
I have the set and it's excellent. Number Seventeen and Rich and Strange didn't come out in 2020, are they cancelled or just delayed?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming September 7th!

The Tomb of Ligeia (1965)
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas
• Audio Commentary by Producer/Director Roger Corman
• Audio Commentary by Actress Elizabeth Shepherd
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Joe Dante
• Limited Edition O-Card (2500)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 82 Minutes 2.35:1 Not Rated
Star Vincent Price (Theater of Blood, The Last Man on Earth), director Roger Corman (The Premature Burial, The Raven) and screenwriter Robert Towne (The Last Detail, Chinatown) hook up for horror in Edgar Allan Poe’s most terrifying tale of passion, possession and purr-fect evil! When a dead wife sinks her claws into immortality—and comes back as a ferocious feline—she leads her husband’s (Price) new bride on a deadly game of cat and mouse. And when the fur starts flying, she soon learns that even in death... she can land on her feet! Elizabeth Shepherd (Damien: Omen II) and John Westbrook (Room at the Top) co-star in this chilling conclusion to Corman’s Poe cycle of films.

738329254964.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Have they announced a date for MAN ON THE MOON?

I wonder if they could land an interview with Andy's Girlfriend, or his best friend, Bob Zmuda. I'd love to see an interview with Jim Carrey...

I wonder if KINO could add the Music Video to the Song MAN ON THE MOON by REM... I hope all the bonus stuff from the DVD will be ported over.
No set dates yet and we have no plans to interviewing Andy's girlfriend or best friend.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Since this was a KL announcement is there anything new going on with Goliath and the Vampires ? Are there any other prints that could be used instead of the one in Italy ?
Thanks !
MACISTE CONTRO IL VAMPIRO is most likely canceled. The Italians were not willing to share the films elements with the studio. We hope to replace the title with something else.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Some additional info regarding the TMM Roadshow Edition and Audio:

Utilized Stereo L/R combine for restoration of the feature, with the exception of Mono Overture, Intermission and Exit music for Roadshow version, which were up-mixed to stereo.

Overture Music (5:06)
Intermission Music (3:45)
Exit Music (4:28)

TMM7.jpg

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
MACISTE CONTRO IL VAMPIRO is most likely canceled. The Italians were not willing to share the films elements with the studio. We hope to replace the title with something else.
Thanks for the update although I’m really disappointed by the news. Maybe another Hercules, Ursus, or Samson film can be acquired instead.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Thanks to the good people at Arrow, we were able to fix the minor edit issue with THE COMEDY OF TERRORS for our upcoming release. And thanks to the fans for bringing this to our attention.

One second was missing. It appeared on the laserdisc from 50:09 - 50:10 min, and should have been inserted into the DVD at 49:18 min. The scene in question takes place during the sequence where Vincent Price and Peter Lorre are attempting to keep a supposedly-dead Basil Rathbone inside his coffin. Price and Lorre finally "succeed" by both sitting on top of the coffin. On the DVD, this scene immediately cuts to one of Price and Lorre suddenly hitting the floor for no apparent reason. This is cut: Rathbone's character is obviously still alive, because he suddenly pushes the coffin lid upward with all his might, and you see Price and Lorre flying up and backwards onto the floor.

vp.jpg

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I must’ve misread. I thought you were listing all of your upcoming purchases...and boy, oh, boy does my thumb have scrollers cramp.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks