What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (5 Viewers)

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Orangey strikes again! Cast again type as a heavy. But hey, the role was too good to pass up...

Attachments

• e8674e3636a8a9e24894b56f0faef6b9.jpg
    e8674e3636a8a9e24894b56f0faef6b9.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 35

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Im posting this post from the insider on technical aspects of the new releases posted on the other forum. It has nothing to do with our warm fuzzy feelings of the new announcments but it is very informative on the film transfers of these releases. It can be moved if neccessary.

"None of the upcoming Vincent Price releases are new transfers, in most cases they're the same masters Shout Factory used for their boxed sets. In one or two instances, MGM may've done some additional cleanup to those same masters. Every release includes at least 1 new extra.

We're looking into THE COMEDY OF TERRORS issue some people mentioned a few pages ago and we'll fix it if we can.

Whenever we do brand new transfers, 2K or 4K, we mention it, so when there's no mention, please don't waste your and my time by asking a question you got an obvious answer to.

In some cases (see below), we received Best Lite masters from 4K scans by Universal, we did not make any mention of a Brand New Master, since they were not fully restored and needed additional DRS/Color Correction by us.

Arise, My Love - 2017 HD best lite (4K scan)
Four Frightened People - 2018 HD Best lite (4K scan)
Peter Ibbetson - 2019 HD Best lite (4K scan)"

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Brand New 2K Master!

Fast Charlie… The Moonbeam Rider (1979)
Starring David Carradine, Brenda Vaccaro, L.Q. Jones, R.G. Armstrong & Terry Kiser – Produced by Roger Corman (Death Race 2000) – Directed by Steve Carver (Capone, Steel, An Eye for an Eye, Lone Wolf McQuade, Bulletproof, River of Death).

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'In one desperate race for prize and glory, Charlie and Grace join the human race. David Carradine Brenda Vaccaro Charlie Rider FAST CHARLIE... Moonbeam Rider Starring JONES ARMSTRONG TERRY KISER JESSE VINT Calvin Hawk Screenplay MICHAEL GLEASON SPIELMAN& HOWARD FRIEDLANDER Music y STU PHILLIPS Directed STEVE CARVER Produced ROGER CORMAN and SAUL KRUGMAN AUNIVERSAL STUDIOS. ESERVED'

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I've never seen Fast Charlie but i like David Carradine from this period. Will probably pick this one up and give it a shot.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Fast Charlie was on YouTube a few years back. I tried to watch it but it was an awful copy. On the plus side it has both R.Q.Jones and R.G. Armstrong in it.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Im posting this post from the insider on technical aspects of the new releases posted on the other forum. It has nothing to do with our warm fuzzy feelings of the new announcments but it is very informative on the film transfers of these releases. It can be moved if neccessary.

"None of the upcoming Vincent Price releases are new transfers, in most cases they're the same masters Shout Factory used for their boxed sets. In one or two instances, MGM may've done some additional cleanup to those same masters. Every release includes at least 1 new extra.
We're looking into THE COMEDY OF TERRORS issue some people mentioned a few pages ago and we'll fix it if we can.
what was the Comedy of Terrors issue?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KHUD!

Brand New Dolby Vision Master Supervised by the DP Russell Carpenter!
• Unrated Director’s Cut and U.S. Theatrical Cut!

Hard Target (1993)
Starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Lance Henriksen, Yancy Butler, Arnold Vosloo & Wilford Brimley – Shot by Russell Carpenter (Titanic, Ant-Man) – Edited by Bob Murawski (The Hurt Locker) – Written by Chuck Pfarrer (Darkman) – Directed by John Woo (The Killer, Hard Boiled, Face/Off).

May be an image of text that says 'VAN DAMME HARO TARGET Don't hunt what you can't kill. COLEYSNO COMING'

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
There is nothing here to suggest that's the case; it includes an intermission. The entr'acte will play over the intermission card, as it did on the DVD and LD.
There is something to "suggest" that it is the case. No mention was made by Mr. Insider of an entr'acte. You may indeed be right but an intermission and entr'acte aren't the same thing.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Is that the same cat?????

Yes it is. Here is the cat's filmography.

Rhubarb1951RhubarbUncredited, one of 14 cats in the role
This Island Earth1955NeutronUncredited
The Incredible Shrinking Man1957ButchUncredited
The Matchmaker1958Himself - a Cat (as Rhubarb)
The Diary of Anne Frank1959MouschiUncredited
Visit to a Small Planet1960ClementineUncredited
Breakfast at Tiffany's1961CatFrank Inn also credited
Gigot1962Uncredited
The Comedy of Terrors1964Cleopatracredited as Rhubarb
Village of the Giants1965Giant CatUncredited

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Have they announced a date for MAN ON THE MOON?

I wonder if they could land an interview with Andy's Girlfriend, or his best friend, Bob Zmuda. I'd love to see an interview with Jim Carrey...

I wonder if KINO could add the Music Video to the Song MAN ON THE MOON by REM... I hope all the bonus stuff from the DVD will be ported over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks