What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

D.C. Cab (1983) Starring Adam Baldwin, Irene Cara, Mr. T, Gary Busey, Bill Maher, Paul Rodriguez, Charlie Barnett, Anne De Salvo, Max Gail, José Pérez, Peter Paul, David Paul, John Diehl, Marsha Warfield, Whitman Mayo, Dennis Stewart & Timothy Carey - Shot by Dean Cundey (Jurassic Park) - Music by Giorgio Moroder (Flashdance) - Story by Topper Carew (TV's Martin) and Joel Schumacher - Written and Directed by Joel Schumacher (The Lost Boys).

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Posting this Blu-ray release brought back memories of a near empty movie theater with perhaps 2-3 people in a rundown downtown movie theater in 1983. The movie was terrible, but I enjoyed it then because I was going through my Irene Cara phase.;)

There is one particular scene on a railroad track that I can still remember laughing out loud as it was pretty funny to me.:blush:

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Posting this Blu-ray release brought back memories of a near empty movie theater with perhaps 2-3 people in a rundown downtown movie theater in 1983. The movie was terrible, but I enjoyed it then because I was going through my Irene Cara phase.;)

I was at a vinyl record convention a few months ago and came across this soundtrack, brought back some memories. This is a fun release.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Universal trying to repeat their success with Car Wash. A failed attempt, but funny in parts. I’m hooked. I’ll order it.:popcorn::popcorn:

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
The Amazon pre-order links for April 7th are active. Check the Pre-Order Link below in my signature.
Yes patiently waiting for kino to put those titles on their site so i can preorder as they will be a couple dollars cheaper per title. Also If amazon is same way as they are with warner archive titles it will take them a month after release date to get them in stock.

Last edited:

Daniel Melius

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
This is actually a low point for pre order and ordered titles. Nothing on amazon and four titles ordered on amazon uk cloak and dagger and gaslight original british version bfi on way and preorder master of cinema buster keaton three films vol 2 and rio grande. Ill be preordering bunches as soon as kino puts new titles up. No criterion until july barnes and noble.

DonB34

Agent
Real Name
Donald
This is actually a low point for pre order and ordered titles. Nothing on amazon and four titles ordered on amazon uk cloak and dagger and gaslight original british version bfi on way and preorder master of cinema buster keaton three films vol 2 and rio grande. Ill be preordering bunches as soon as kino puts new titles up. No criterion until july barnes and noble.

There's usually a 1 Day Flash Sale at Criterion's website in mid-February. It's only for in stock movies though, so I don't know if that helps you or not.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Yes patiently waiting for kino to put those titles on their site so i can preorder as they will be a couple dollars cheaper per title. Also If amazon is same way as they are with warner archive titles it will take them a month after release date to get them in stock.

There is not a problem with Amazon shipping Kino titles. I always revive them release date and if the gods are favorable then the day before. Also the titles usually are lower than Kino site unless there is one of those fantastic sales. Which I have taken advantage off many times.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

D.C. Cab (1983) Starring Adam Baldwin, Irene Cara, Mr. T, Gary Busey, Bill Maher, Paul Rodriguez, Charlie Barnett, Anne De Salvo, Max Gail, José Pérez, Peter Paul, David Paul, John Diehl, Marsha Warfield, Whitman Mayo, Dennis Stewart & Timothy Carey - Shot by Dean Cundey (Jurassic Park) - Music by Giorgio Moroder (Flashdance) - Story by Topper Carew (TV's Martin) and Joel Schumacher - Written and Directed by Joel Schumacher (The Lost Boys).

A Fun film!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
If you want ROMA or PRINCE OF TIDES, they are on sale at UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW.

so are many KINO titles!

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming April 14th on DVD and Blu-ray!

Time Limit (1957)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Optional English Subtitles
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

How long can a man withstand torture... before he cracks? That's one of the probing questions asked in this tense and compelling Korean War drama starring screen greats Richard Widmark (The Secret Ways, Backlash, Judgment at Nuremberg) and Richard Basehart (The Satan Bug, Moby Dick, He Walked by Night). Former POW Major Harry Cargill (Basehart) has not only been charged with collaboration with the enemy, he’s even signed a confession. His court martial should be an open-and-shut case, except that his judge advocate, Colonel William Edwards (Widmark), is suspicious of its ease. Cargill refuses to answer questions or defend himself, but as Edwards investigates, he uncovers a horrifying truth that will shake the Army to its core. Directed by actor Karl Malden (his only directorial effort) and co-starring Dolores Michaels (Warlock), June Lockhart (She-Wolf of London), Carl Benton Reid (In a Lonely Place), Martin Balsam (After the Fox), Rip Torn (Extreme Prejudice) and Khigh Dhiegh (The Manchurian Candidate), Time Limit will hold you in suspense until its shockingly explosive climax!

738329244804.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Time Limit (1957)
• Brand New 2K Master
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

How long can a man withstand torture... before he cracks? That's one of the probing questions asked in this tense and compelling Korean War drama starring screen greats Richard Widmark (The Secret Ways, Backlash, Judgment at Nuremberg) and Richard Basehart (The Satan Bug, Moby Dick, He Walked by Night). Former POW Major Harry Cargill (Basehart) has not only been charged with collaboration with the enemy, he’s even signed a confession. His court martial should be an open-and-shut case, except that his judge advocate, Colonel William Edwards (Widmark), is suspicious of its ease. Cargill refuses to answer questions or defend himself, but as Edwards investigates, he uncovers a horrifying truth that will shake the Army to its core. Directed by actor Karl Malden (his only directorial effort) and co-starring Dolores Michaels (Warlock), June Lockhart (She-Wolf of London), Carl Benton Reid (In a Lonely Place), Martin Balsam (After the Fox), Rip Torn (Extreme Prejudice) and Khigh Dhiegh (The Manchurian Candidate), Time Limit will hold you in suspense until its shockingly explosive climax!

View attachment 68024
It's too bad there isn't an audio commentary on this Blu-ray release as this movie project really tested the friendship between Star and Producer Richard Widmark and Director Karl Malden. Thankfully, they reconciled by the end of the movie and remained best friends throughout their lifetime. Anyhow, very happy to have this movie on Blu-ray, so thank you Kino.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Cattle Annie and Little Britches (1981)
• Brand New HD Master
• NEW Interview with Producer Rupert Hitzig
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 97 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated PG
From Lamont Johnson, the acclaimed director of The McKenzie Break, The Last American Hero, The Groundstar Conspiracy and Lipstick, comes this offbeat western adventure about the daring exploits of two teenage thrillseekers who decide to become outlaws. Cattle Annie (Amanda Plummer, Needful Things) and Little Britches (Diane Lane, Streets of Fire) are taken up by the remnants of the Doolin-Dalton gang, led by the aging Bill Doolin (Burt Lancaster, The Train, Valdez Is Coming). When Bill winds up in jail where he’s to be hanged, the girls and the gang must rescue Bill and elude the gallant lawman Tilghman (Rod Steiger, A Fistful of Dynamite). The wonderful cast also includes John Savage (The Onion Field), Scott Glenn (The Challenge), William Russ (Wanted: Dead or Alive), John Quade (Breakheart Pass) and Michael Conrad (The Longest Yard).

738329244767.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Hoping for more 30s, 40s, 50s and early 60s titles from the Universal & Paramount libraries.

We said earlier that we have over seventy-five confirmed 30s, 40s and 50s titles in the new Universal deal. Do we need to hear this every time we announce something from the 70s and 80s?

And we have over twenty 60s titles.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Jenny (1970)
• Brand New 4K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historians Lee Gambin and Jarret Gahan
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

Color 88 Minutes 1.85:1 Rated M
Jenny (Marlo Thomas, TV’s That Girl and Friends) is unmarried, pregnant and alone in New York City. Delano (Alan Alda, Sweet Liberty, TV’s M*A*S*H) is a young filmmaker trying to avoid the Vietnam War draft. A chance meeting in Central Park leads to their friendship and mutual concern for each other, and they soon agree that the perfect solution to their problems is a “marriage of convenience.” Jenny will have a father for her baby and Delano will escape the draft. But the plan goes awry when Jenny begins to fall in love with her new husband, who’s in a relationship with someone else. Film and television veteran George Bloomfield (To Kill a Clown, Nothing Personal) directed this touching romantic drama co-starring Elizabeth Wilson (The Day of the Dolphin) and Vincent Gardenia (Lucky Luciano) as Jenny’s parents, with Charlotte Rae (TV’s The Facts of Life) and Estelle Winwood (The Producers).

738329245405.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider

Song of Norway (1970)
• Brand New 2K Master
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Author Lee Gambin and Film Historian/Author John Harrison
• 5.1 Surround and Lossless 2.0 Stereo
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
• Trailers

142 Minutes Color 2.35:1 Rated G
From Andrew L. Stone, the acclaimed director of A Blueprint for Murder, Julie, Cry Terror!, The Last Voyage and Stormy Weather, comes this romantic musical based on the life of Norway’s greatest composer, Edvard Grieg (Toralv Maurstad, Black Palm Trees). Impoverished after graduating from a music conservatory, Grieg causes controversy by marrying his cousin Nina (Florence Henderson, Carol Brady of TV’s The Brady Bunch). Soon afterward, he has an affair with a former schoolmate, Therese Berg (Christina Schollin, Fanny and Alexander), a wealthy woman who makes a deal with her influential father to end the romance if he’ll arrange a concert for Grieg in Stockholm. Though his significance as an artist begins to find appreciation, the road to success proves to hold many personal compromises for Grieg. Screen legend Edward G. Robinson (Scarlet Street) leads a strong supporting cast that includes Robert Morley (When Eight Bells Toll) and Oskar Homolka (Billion Dollar Brain). Based on the successful operetta of the same name and gorgeously shot on location, Song of Norway is a breathtaking epic filled with Grieg’s magnificent music.

738329245429.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks