What's new

KGO of San Francisco postpones Star Wars (1 Viewer)

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure if this topic is more appropriate at Movies or TV and HDTV Programming (perhaps nowhere? :))....

KGO of San Francisco (an ABC affiliate) has postponed the airing of Star Wars (Episode 4) due to Columbia shuttle tragedy. Their statement:
In light of Saturday's space shuttle tragedy, ABC7 has delayed airing the ABC7 Wedding Show and has elected not to air Star Wars on Sunday evening.
Don't get me wrong, I am deeply shocked by the tragedy. It's only Star Wars after all, a movie seen by many a multiple times, but I find this a bit too much.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I saw a show on Sci-Fi this weekend actually depicting the space shuttle in a fictional environment.

Regardless, sometimes one can be sensitive, and sometimes one can be oversensitive.

I have to wonder if refusing to air Star Wars is a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that so many people in our society always looking for an excuse to call somebody else insensitive. A pre-emptive strike catering to ignorance.

It's a frickin' fantasy movie that happens to take place elsewhere in the cosmos.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Ya I'm too not sure about the logic behind the cancelling. Who knows, maybe they did it just to be safe?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
They probably did it so that they will have air time for an ABC news special on - yes, you guessed it.

What a bunch of woosies. (How do you spell that?)

Glenn

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Technically it's supposed to be "wusses," but I think most people improperly pluralize the adjective form to "wussies." ;)

wuss n. Slang

A person regarded as weak or timid and especially as unmanly: “Cats are for wusses, dog men say” (Laura Blumenfeld).

[Probably blend of wimp, and pussy1.]

wussy adj.

I think I've officially drank too much coffee tonight...

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
I guess that means Armageddon will never be aired again because it actually shows a shuttle getting destroyed by meteors. Better ban that Space Camp movie too. This is getting ridiculous. What does Star Wars have to do with the space shuttle?

Edited for spelling mistake. Sta Wars :lol:

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Of course Star Wars has nothing to do with the space shuttle. People are just overly sensative/PC. BTW, Sta Wars is the version they show in Bahstahn (Boston).

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was a national thing, not just KGO.
I was hoping to see it in HD on 7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks