What's new

Ketchup - Fancy? (1 Viewer)

Mark Lee

Second Unit
For any HTF'ers in NYC, I'd recommend giving the ketchup at the Greenwich Village restaurant Home a try. Dunno if they still sell jars of it at the restaurant (the owners of the restaurant used to have a separate retail outlet down the street, but on a recent visit back, I noticed that it was gone), but if you're looking for a truly different animal from the Heinz standby, this is the ticket!
Now that's fancy!!! :)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
Two of the guests ordered Filet Mignon--well done. They dunked the burnt meat in ketchup. I was horrified...
personally, i would have been more horrified by them ordering the filet mignon well done. what the hell...why char up and ruin a perfectly good cut of meat. medium rare is the way i like 'em. if the meat is cooked right, i don't need any ketchup, a1, or heinz 57.

kevin t

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
A)I hate Filet Mignon. I understand that the actual beef itself is rare and hard to get to, hence the price, however I feel that the meat always picks up the taste of the Bacon it's wrapped in. I prefer T-Bone and New York Strip, those are the 2 2nd best cuts of meat on the chart. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd hate to think I am missing something here.

B)Dipping steak in Ketchup is W/T, sorry if you do this, my girlfriends family does and I can't help but feel sorry for them. Because of the Vinegar in Ketchup it will ALWAYS over power the meat. Steak is a delicate beast and even A-1 is overkill I think.

C)USDA Prime beef isn't that great. Granted there are NO beef farms out here so we might not be getting the good stuff, but I didn't find it to be worth twice the price of Select.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
That was my point. Not only did they ruin a great piece of meat, but then they dunked it in ketchup.
One of the best steaks I have had recently is the 18 oz. Ribeye (medium) at Angelo & Maxie's in Washington, DC. And no, I couldn't finish it, but it was fun trying...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks