What's new

Kenwood VR507 opinions please (1 Viewer)

Richard_s

Second Unit
Based on the other post (in this forum) I have running the Kenwood VR507 is sifting to the top of my list as the least expensive but feature full receiver that may be just the ticket for me.

For those who own this unit or are very familiar with this unit and Kenwood in general what do you think of this receiver.

Appreciate the help

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds very good. I like the adjustable DPL2 music mode and SRS Circle Surround.

Vin

Supporting Actor
Richard, I was so impressed with the Kenwood VR-507 that I bought a second one for another set-up in my home. :emoji_thumbsup: There are still a lot of naysayers when it comes to the Kenwood brand but that attitude is slowly, but surely changing.
The VR-507/9 offers an incredible bang for your buck and is in no way a compromise....IMHO.
Vin

Richard_s

Second Unit
Thanks I happen to like kenwood but I am no expert. Appreciate the input I will look for a sale on the item since presidents day is near that is when these kind of items go on sale.

Jason Wolters

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 507. For the money you can't go wrong. I paid $235 for mine at mjshow.com. I was considering the ONKYO 595 but for the price difference I am glad I got the Kenwood. I have heard the Onkyo 595 and it isn't worth the extra to me.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I have nothing against Kenwood, but I'd also take a hard look at the Pioneer VSX-D709S at refurbdepot.com http://www.refurbdepot.com/productde...roduct_ID=1653 This is one heck of a deal. I bought one with the 3 year extended warranty for $240 shipped and it came in perfect shape. It doesn't have DPLII or circle surround, but does have 5 channel stereo and discrete mofset amps for all channels. It's SOLID, and is basically an ELITE without the badge or THX certification. It also has a great remote IMHO. Definitely worth the look if you're considering the Kenwoods.

Butch C

Second Unit
To my ears Circle surround sounds fantastic and beats PL or PLII for traditional stereo sources such as TV broadcasts. Give the Circle Surround a listen before forgoing the option on another reciever

Richard_s

Second Unit
Looks like this will be the unit I get. Hoping there will be sales for presidents day. Seems to have everything I need.
One question this relates to how noise free the amplifier is. I test this by switching the receiver to the cd or dvd player with nothing playing. I then turn the volume way up and see if I hear any hiss. My current system is not so great in this department since the hiss is noticible to me when the volume control is set where I use it for my TV when watching movies.
Would love to know how good the amps are in this type of test. If you have been using the system loud for DVD movies then If you had a problem with this like I do with my older receiver you would hear the "hiss" at quit times in the movie.
Appreciate your inputs ALL :)

Richard_s

Second Unit
Jason Thanks. Nothing stopping me now just need to find a good price with a decent return policy just in case.
BTW www.mjshow.com has them at $238 but they are out of stock :frowning:

Vin

Supporting Actor
If you can't find one anywhere else Crutchfield has them in stock but you'll pay full price for it, $300 + $9.95 shipping. Their return policy is very good though and they'll pay for return shipping.
Vin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks