What's new

JVC to fix subtitle problem (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm in complete disbelief but JVC called me today and has asked me to send my player in for a firmware update. Apparently this will fix the Phantom Menace Sub-title issue. (don't know if they are addressing any other issues but when I get the player back I'll be happy to look for anything anyone wants to check on that I can see and/or check without having to buy a DVD or something)
Unfortunately this is going to require me to ship in the player. The supervisor I spoke with believes that it may eventually take the form of a disc that can be shipped out but they aren't ready to support that for various reasons.
I'll be shipping out my player tomorrow - supposed to get it back within 10 days. Obviously I'll let you know what happens.
My advice for those who want to get the firmware update - call the JVC support number as soon as you can. (800-252-5722) Please note that the people answering the phones don't know much so you may have to be nice but forceful (and perhaps call more than once) to get the update. JVC isn't good about educating the reps.
However, it is important to get a complaint on their system as soon as you can if your unit is under 90 days old. If its over 90 days old they will charge you a labor fee for the upgrade. (I don't know how much.)
--------------------
Paul Maddock
Not sure if this has beed covered yet. I pulled this post from The SPot. Looks like JVC is finally doing something about the subtitle problem.
Peace Out~:D

Jesse Clift

Agent
Thank GOD!! I am so glad that JVC is addressing this problem. I am going to call that number ASAP. Too bad my player is just over three months old.:angry: Thanks for the post Ron. :)

Bill cc

Agent
I know this thread is old.. but I just came across it.

How did the upgrade go...

Did it fix the subtitle problem in The Phantom Menace and did you notice any other improvements ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks