3 JVC rep's : NO firmware upgrade for XVSA75GD !?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Patrick, May 3, 2002.

1. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

ok, after trying to decide whether to keep my new XVSA75GD or trade it in for the new 500BK, i called JVC to try and get firmware upgrades to fix the missing subtitles problem on Phantom Menace. i talked to THREE csr's, all of which denied any sort of problem exists on their dvd players. I wanted to keep this dvd player because of the dvd audio features, but i guess i have to take it back and get the newer version without dvd-audio :-(

i KNOW there is a firmware upgrade for this dvd player - is it the kind i can download and burn ito a cd like i have seen for other players??

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

You might try contacting an authorized JVC repair facility and ask them if they know of a firmware update (or service update document) from JVC regarding that model.

3. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Hey - I was watching this today and noticed this as well - this is a player bug???

4. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator

This is a known problem with the Mediamatics chipset. I know of no FW fix for any Mediamatics player related to this problem, including the JVCs.