What's new

JVC Geometry Problem: Screen Tilt (1 Viewer)

Brendan M.

Grip
Hello,

I bought a JVC 32" AV-32F703 flatscreen about a month ago and I have noticed a problem that I cannot seem to resolve, hopefully someone can help.

The picture on the screen is tilted slightly to the left. Meaning that the top right edge is higher than the top left edge. It is only slight, but it is impossible to stop noticing it now that I know its there. I have confirmed the problem by using crosshatch patterns on the AVIA disc.

I have gotten into the service menu and gone through every single geometry option, and there is nothing that addresses screen tilt (at least none that I could find).

I have heard that magnetic fields can sometimes cause screen tilt, and I'm having a technician come out to de-gauss the set on Saturday. Is there any chance that de-gaussing the set will resolve this issue, and if not, is there any other way to fix the problem? Or do I have to contact BB and have them send me a replacement set that will likely have the same problem?

Please Help!
Brendan

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Brendan,

Most 32+ inch sets have a tilt adjustment in the User (not service) menu. Sony has this on 27 inch and larger Wegas. Try digging out the owner's manual or delving into any "advanced video" adjustment menus the set may have.

Tilt is usually due to the Earth's magnetic field, not anything that degaussing can fix. If you're having the tech out anyway, perhaps he can help you find the tilt adjustment.

Brendan M.

Grip
Thanks Steve,

Unfortunately I have been through every single option in the user menu, and have torn the instruction manual apart, and there are no 'advanced video' options anywhere in the User menu. I am honestly starting to think that this $800 television has no method for adjusting the screen tilt, which means that if the technician can't figure out how to fix it, then its getting returned for a model that does have this option.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks