What's new

Screen gain for 180-200 inch 2.35:1 with jvc NX7 (1 Viewer)

Mathias93

Auditioning
Real Name
Mathias Hvid
hi guys. I need some help with this problem. Just bought the JVC NX7, and planning on buying a 180-200 inch screen in a 2.35:1 ratio.

what gain should i go with? My room is going to be totally light controlled. Any suggestions? I have heard that when using a screen of that size, that you probably should have a screen with some gain.

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
hi guys. I need some help with this problem. Just bought the JVC NX7, and planning on buying a 180-200 inch screen in a 2.35:1 ratio.

what gain should i go with? My room is going to be totally light controlled. Any suggestions? I have heard that when using a screen of that size, that you probably should have a screen with some gain.
Yes I have a Stewart ST130 G3, microperf 145" curved scope screen teamed up with the NX9. This is a true 1.3gain screen and I certainly would never go with anything less. Ive tried all the other screens out there with a so called 1.3 gain and they all have shocking sparkles, the G3 is fine but the new G4 is even better to reduce this.

Mathias93

Auditioning
Real Name
Mathias Hvid
Yes I have a Stewart ST130 G3, microperf 145" curved scope screen teamed up with the NX9. This is a true 1.3gain screen and I certainly would never go with anything less. Ive tried all the other screens out there with a so called 1.3 gain and they all have shocking sparkles, the G3 is fine but the new G4 is even better to reduce this.

Hey mate. Thanks for the answer ✌🏻. I will try to see if i Can get a screen from Stewart. I live in Denmark, so i dont know if they ship to my country.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
No doubt the Stewart screen is a fine purchase although very expensive. The last screen I purchased was a matte white Harkness screen, 11'2" X 5' 4", Perlux Micro Perf. The screen itself was $576.42, shipping container charge was $96.00 and shipping to California was $87.64, so a total of $760.06. Full disclosure, I purchased this screen at dealer's cost so I don't know the true markup price.
I chose a gain of 1.6 mainly because of all the 3D I show needing to save all the light I can without all the disadvantages of a silver screen.
Does anyone know what Stewart would charge for a similar screen? I would guess much more than I paid. Remember Harkness is the choice of the majority of commercial theatres around the world.
Good luck with your screen purchase!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks