What's new

Justice League (2017) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I haven't jumped in here yet because, after being burned by both Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, which I hated, I really don't have any interest in this film. I don't really want to threadcrap for anyone who likes this film. But I do like many of the characters in it in other films (Superman and Batman from previous incarnations, and Wonder Woman in her solo film was pretty terrific.) So, I've been following its box office with interest because I do have a strong desire for WB to start producing more films featuring these characters which I will like, even though this isn't one of those.

It should be noted that, in their box office report for this weekend, Variety observed the following:

Variety said:
In three days, the domestic total for “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” has topped the entire 31-day domestic run of Warner Bros.-DC Entertainment’s of “Justice League.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/star-wars-the-last-jedi-box-office-ferdinand-1202643209/

Of course they knew The Last Jedi was always going to be massive, but I can't imagine WB is happy about that statistic. Hopefully they take something from it.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Got around to finally seeing this film this afternoon. I want to like the DC universe so bad but they are making it so hard! This film seemed like it had a goal of cleaning up the issues left by the previous episodes. While not a horrible movie, I really wanted it to be so much more. I've always preferred DC over Marvel but you can feel the excitement for Infinity War where Justice League was just another average superhero film. I'm at the point now where I wish they'd just throw it all out and start over and that includes the wonderful Wonder Woman movie. I'll keep hanging in there but it's a chore to go see these movies now.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Not a fan of DC movies, although Wonder Woman was pretty good. I can only imagine the possibilities if Superman [the greatest superhero of all] had originated with Marvel.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I'm coming in way late to the game here, but I thought Justice League was a lot of fun. Clunky at times? Yes. Some missed opportunities? You bet. But I thought it was a good time. I hope a sequel is made. I found it to be better than the second Avengers, and close to on par with the first Avengers.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
There’s nothing more challenging than being put in charge of a raging dumpster fire. Hope he doesn’t sink to the occasion.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’m usually a big supporter/defender of DC films. I loved both Man Of Steel and BvS. And of course Wonder Woman. I even warmed up to Suicide Squad. But this one let me down in every way. It’s at the bottom close to Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really sure where to put this, so thought it could go in here.

As a result of WB's efforts to resuscitate the brand after the box office underperformance of Justice League, DC Films now has a new president.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/w...see-dc-films-production-exclusive-1202652878/

I still doubt Justice League 2 will happen so this news does nothing for me. The stand alone hero films I can pass on until home video.

I’m usually a big supporter/defender of DC films. I loved both Man Of Sterl and BvS. And of course Wonder Woman. I even warmed up to Suicide Squad. But this one let me down in every way. It’s at the bottom close to Suicide Squad.

It was my favorite film of 2017. But to be fair, I only watched a half dozen films this year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I HATED how they handled the entire Superman resurrection. That was my biggest problem with the film. Such lazy inconsistent writing.
The joke where The Flash is satisfied with saving the jeep of people and then looks up to see Superman flying by with a building of people makes the whole movie worth it in my mind.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I HATED how they handled the entire Superman resurrection. That was my biggest problem with the film. Such lazy inconsistent writing.

Ok, I give you that. But the end result with him back on the team is worth it. the chemistry between him and the other heroes is fantastic.

EDIT: I wanted more dialogue between Superman and the Flash. Hopefully there will be deleted scenes on the BD.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m usually a big supporter/defender of DC films. I loved both Man Of Sterl and BvS. And of course Wonder Woman. I even warmed up to Suicide Squad. But this one let me down in every way. It’s at the bottom close to Suicide Squad.
I was so disappointed you didn’t type Suicide Squid.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
My brother and I have very similar taste in movies. I recommended JL. I hope he talks to me again:lol:, he haaaated this movie.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm confused as to why he would be fired when the movie was already finished for the most part.
From Collider:
"Over the years I noticed you could predict @RottenTomatoes scores based on studio behaviors prior to embargo release. [This is ~exactly~ the kind of story @RottenTomatoes should be doing, yet they still have no EIC or editorial vision. Isn't that funny?]"https://mashable.com/2017/09/05/movies-rotten-tomatoes-scores-embargo-times/#GiXI54TiNiqY …

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really funny when we don't know any info other than a vague statement that he was fired, and the same old rough cut being "unwatchable" that I have heard many times already.

And again with the Rotten Tomatoes scores---oh you mean the same Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics scores where most of the well known critics gave JL favorable reviews, and critics from 'Sleeping Gun, and Ninja Kitty' etc. gave it poor reviews. Sorry but I will take the word of a known film critic any day of the week over a so-called film critic from an extremely oddball site(s) I have never hear of before, and most likely never will again...that Rotten Tomatoes?

And for those that do take stock in Rotten Tomatoes the audience score is 77%

Also got a B+ at Cinemascore
https://screenrant.com/justice-league-cinemascore/

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have it pre-ordered through Amazon
There's some indication in the pre-order thread that the 3D may be a Best Buy retailer exclusive, though it's somewhat unclear if that's the 3D option itself, or just a 3D version "with character cards".

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4575374/

As I recall, Amazon had pre-order pages for Geostorm 3D and Blade Runner 2049 3D as well before they were later removed when those discs became exclusives.

Last edited:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Finally saw this. It was pretty fun, but the amount of scenes with the invisible mustache was distracting. And I keep thinking I want to see what Zack Snyder's version would have looked like.

Overall, I'm glad I saw it and I'm sure I'll watch it again sometime. Probably in a couple of weeks when I finally have Atmos.

I hope we see a sequel with a straightforward production someday.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I just recently viewed this flick as well.

This was “OK”. My main problem with the movie was with the depiction of “The Flash” — which in my opinion is the fourth most popular DC superhero (just behind Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman). While I certainly understand the need for a different actor than TV’s Grant Gustin to be in the role, the bottom line is that the CW TV show actually does a much better job portraying a live-action “Flash” than the movie. For one thing, he’s been known as “The Scarlet Speedster” for decades. You wouldn’t know that from viewing the movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks