What's new

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, Amy Adams, Jeremy Irons, Connie Nielsen, Diane Lane, J.K. Simmons, Ciarán Hinds, Amber Heard, Joe Morton, Ray Porter, Jesse Eisenberg, Jared Leto, Joe Manganiello, Willem Dafoe, Robin Wright, Kiersey Clemons, Peter Guinness, Harry Lennix, Billy Crudup, Karen Bryson, Marc McClure, Sergi Constance, Michael McElhatton, Lara Decaro, Ryan Zheng Kai, David Thewlis, Samantha Jo, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Julian Lewis Jones, John Dagleish, Francis Magee, Doutzen Kroes, Brooke Ence, Hari James, Ann Ogbomo, Clem So, Greg Draven

Release: 2021-03-18

Runtime: 242

Plot: Determined to ensure Superman's ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne aligns forces with Diana Prince with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Watching this now. Surprised to see HBO Max streaming it in 4K Dolby Vision with Atmos. Did I miss the memo?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watching this now. Surprised to see HBO Max streaming it in 4K Dolby Vision with Atmos. Did I miss the memo?
Yes. They did the same with Wonder Woman 1984. And Wonder Woman. I think others too like all the Warner films debuting simultaneously with theaters.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would've been surprised if it wasn't in 4K DV/DA. I watched this movie this morning. It felt every bit of the four hours. With that said, it wasn't that bad just so long that I had to take an intermission from watching it to go grocery shopping and then finishing up the last 1.5 hours of it.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I would've been surprised if it wasn't in 4K DV/DA. I watched this movie this morning. It felt every bit of the four hours. With that said, it wasn't that bad just so long that I had to take an intermission from watching it to go grocery shopping and then finishing up the last 1.5 hours of it.
HBO Max is known for not streaming in 4K. Looks like they're doing it for tent pole productions, however.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
HBO Max is known for not streaming in 4K. Looks like they're doing it for tent pole productions, however.
Ever since Wonder Woman 1984 they've stream movies like Justice League in 4K in which they've advertise a lot on their streaming service. Movies like The Little Things which is only coming out in BD and Judas and the Black Messiah were shown in 4K/DV/DA on HBO Max. Every new Warner film coming to movie theaters this year will be shown in 4K on HBO Max for the first 31 days of its theatrical release.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
How does it compare to the previous version? I did not enjoy Justice League so, if this 4 hour version is not an improvement then I will not waste my time.

Plus, the 4:3 AR annoys me. Why? Modern day screens are not 4:3. If Snyder had been allowed to complete this, was it really going to be released to theaters in 4:3? It just doesn't make any since for a movie like this where you normally want as large a canvas as possible. I'm not against 4:3, it just seems like an odd choice for a modern day action movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
How does it compare to the previous version? I watched the first 10 minutes and stopped. I did not enjoy Justice League so, if this 4 hour version is not an improvement then I will not waste my time.

Plus, the 4:3 AR annoys me. Why? Modern day screens are not 4:3. If Snyder had been allowed to complete this, was it really going to be released to theaters in 4:3? It just doesn't make any since for a movie like this where you normally want as large a canvas as possible. I'm not against 4:3, it just seems like an odd choice for a modern day action movie.
Based on your comments, I would advise you to not bother then.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
How does it compare to the previous version? I did not enjoy Justice League so, if this 4 hour version is not an improvement then I will not waste my time.

They shot it 4-perf open matte for IMAX. Looks fine with the zoom function on.

But yeah Snyder Cut is not a major improvement over Whedon. In fact its a lot worse in some cases.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
In what worse cases?

Ohhh...

-the feeling of attending a four hour funeral (instead of a 90 minute funeral)
-ugly colorless cinematography
-repetiitive pointless slowmotion shots
-surprisingly worse acting (particularly from Affleck)
-uninspired sonic wallpaper style soundtrack
-pointless cameos
yeah we could do this all day and I am so tired of playing these games with you.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm about half-way through, and at this point I'm not too impressed. The pacing is pretty glacial, and the film has no flow to it at all. It feels like a string of scenes that are stitched together. The aspect ratio is very distracting to me. I'm surprised at the amount of new footage I've seen so far. Like Joel, I find the score very uninspired. It certainly feels like a completely different movie than the version Whedon finished up, but not in a good way. More soap opera than action film. I'll withhold final opinion until I finish.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks