What's new

Just took the plunge on a Toshiba... now what? (1 Viewer)

jonny h

Agent
Ok, I just got off the phone with Onecall. I bought a Toshiba 50HDX82 and it should come sometime next week (hopefully before the superbowl.) Now what do I need to do?

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
Such as...? You can wait patiently. Clean the room where it'll be going. Buy a DVD player, X-BOX, etc.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
See if you can set up HD service in time to watch the Super Bowl in HD! :D And remember to turn down the contrast as soon as you turn on the TV.
BTW, congrats! :emoji_thumbsup:
_Man_

jonny h

Agent
Ok, HD service will take a while... not in the greatest location, and as much as I want Dish/DTV, my wife (the wise one) will not let us pay $$ for satellite tv. But, it beats the 27" I have now. From what I understand, you can tweak the picture to look good on cable. How do I go about doing that.
My gosh, I lurk around for two years thinking I know everything but I'm just a newbie. Anyways, probably the first thing I'll do is run AVIA and I guest I have to buy the HD pack for my X-box now.
-Joe, I'm too excited to be patient. ;)
Thanks for the replies.
-Jonny H.

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
Hey good choice.:D just got my 50hdx on wednesday. I love it. i also bought it from onecall.com!!!! if it is cold out when it arrives make sure you let the set get closer to room temp before firing it up. we uncrated mine and the the thing just fogged right up. i let it sit for 2 1/2 hours with a fan blowing on it before plugging it in. well good luck and im sure you will enjoy it:D :D :D

Joe Meissner

Stunt Coordinator
oh ya
after i ordered mine, i completely redid my theater room
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
. now that was a few late nights. :crazy:
pictures will be up in a few days.:wink:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ha ha. We don't have a real theater room. Our HT TV's just in the livingroom, but we also did some rearranging for it. :)
And yes, do remember to let the TV warm up to room temperature before turning it on. In our case, the TV was delivered in light snow condition(!), so we had to be extra careful.
_Man_

jonny h

Agent
Don't think the weather should be a problem down here in West Texas. And like Joe, me and the wife just went up to the big city to do some furniture shopping. We found a piece that we really liked (entertainment center). I just hope I can squeeze my reciever in there. It is such a beast. My TV was last seen in Ohio, according to internet tracking. AAAAUGH!! This is too much anticipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks