What's new

Just Heard "Die Another Day" by Madonna (1 Viewer)

Matthew_Austin

Auditioning
This song is retarded. Who cares if Madonna is going to close her body now? Why would anyone think Sigmund Freud would want to waste his time analyzing this piece of duck doo? This song is proof that no matter how bad Madonna's music becomes it will always be a hit.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I didn't like the song when it first came out but it's grown on me. You have to admit though, the video is pretty cool and it sure beats the other movie clip/commercial videos of the earlier Bond themes.

From all the Bond themes, the absolute worst is by Shirley Manson and Garbage. Like the group, but that song had no life.

And I like the Sheryl Crow song, although K.d. Lang's "Surrender" was a stronger piece.

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Doh!

Just a clarification, the previous post was actually written by myself. Didn't realize I was on my brother's login... :b

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:
i finally heard this.
my inital impression? umm...less than stellar. more like wtf? ;)
anyway, as you can tell from my previous post i am a madonna fan, but this one is quite a doozie.
i'll see if it grows on me...but i'm thinkin' no.

Matthew_Austin

Auditioning
"I didn't like the song when it first came out but it's grown on me. You have to admit though, the video is pretty cool and it sure beats the other movie clip/commercial videos of the earlier Bond themes."

I think the video is rather lame. It reminds of the stupid Mariah Carey video from a few years ago. The one where she judo fights her evil twin.

"From all the Bond themes, the absolute worst is by Shirley Manson and Garbage. Like the group, but that song had no life."

I couldn't disagree with you more. I love the Garbage theme. I can't compare it to many of the other Bond theme's since I haven't heard them but it is way ahead of Madonna's lame and lifeless tune.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
i wouldn't mind seeing her in concert at least once...
Definitely worth every penny and her dvd of her last show is amazing (dts!)

Granted, DAD is not one of her strongest songs, but I wonder if it would be nominated for an Oscar (putting on flame retardent suit).

Matthew_Austin

Auditioning
"Granted, DAD is not one of her strongest songs, but I wonder if it would be nominated for an Oscar (putting on flame retardent suit."

I don't see why not. So many cheesy songs have won the oscar in the past that Madonna's fits right in. I say give her the award.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks