What's new

Jurassic World: Dominion (June 10, 2022) (1 Viewer)

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
The use of one word killed an entire film for you? Tough audience.
Well, maybe that was an exaggeration, the whole movie, while beautiful, was kinda stupid, the unobtanium was just the most glaring example (and it felt very un-Cameron), and it was used repeatedly.
Like I said, probably a cultural thing, to me it sounded like a made up word from a kids movie suddenly appearing in a grown-up movie, but I didn't grow up in the US (although I spent one year in high school there, and never heard the word then either).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
New Pic

jurassic-world-dominion-snow.png
Uh oh, he brought a knife to a Dino fight!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The use of one word killed an entire film for you? Tough audience.

Avatar has many other flaws other than that, but I agree, calling the mineral unobtainium was pure cringe. When you’re reminding people of “The Core” that can’t be good

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look... Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 million years of evolution have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How can we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?" - Dr. Alan Grant

That has always been the promise of this franchise. John Hammond's theme park opened Pandora's box, and it wasn't until Fallen Kingdom that the franchise really embraced grappling with the consequences of that choice.

It's cool to see so many of the major players from both trilogies in that trailer, but the more exciting thing is the idea of a world where past and present are bumping up against each other. The last time dinosaurs roamed the earth, mammals didn't get much bigger than shrew-sized, and were far from the top of the food chain.

We get glimpses of what the new normal looks like: dinosaurs roaming through the streets of Europe, plane travel highly perilous as flying lizards stalk prey from similar altitudes. Many of the hallmarks of modern civilization will no longer be practical, because suddenly the wilderness is a lot more wild.

Survival likely means heavily fortified compounds and much more wary civilians with much greater awareness of their surroundings.

My one issue with that trailer is all of the snowy scenes with massive dinosaurs roaming through them. There is evidence to support raptors in cold weather climates, but not really any dinosaurs bigger than a polar bear. Dinosaurs are coldblooded animals that that need to eat a lot. The cold weather parts of the globe would probably offer the most protection from the biggest species if this scenario were to play out.

But then again, the big species would be the easiest ones to hunt back into extinction, too. The smaller species and the herd species that would be more likely to tolerate colder climates would also be the hardest ones to fully eradicate once they've been let loose on the world.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Dinosaurs are coldblooded animals
In the very first movie, right after seeing their very first dinosaur and then the herd of dinos, don’t they say they are not cold blooded?

Wow, the little girl (forget the characters name) from Fallen Kingdom has grown. I predict they’ve got a hit on their hands, but then you know me, if it’s got dinos…

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So I rewatched the trailer from above and after seeing all our heroes in peril at the end, the thought the only solution would be for the aliens from Toy Story to rescue them with the Claw!

BTW, I don’t get the joke in the reference to Hal. But I can be dense sometimes.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Looks like fun, can't wait!

I do hope one scene in the trailer was just for marketing. Where Grant walks into the tent and says "Ellie Sattler", then she looks at him and says "Alan Grant." That was so cringe. I don't care if I haven't seen someone for a decade, no one walks into a room and says their full name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks