What's new

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: Daniel Scheinert, Daniel Kwan

Cast: Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, James Hong, Jonathan Ke Quan, Jamie Lee Curtis, Anthony Molinari, Peter Banifaz, Audrey Wasilewski

Release: 2022-03-25

Plot: An aging Chinese immigrant is swept up in an insane adventure, where she alone can save the world by exploring other universes connecting with the lives she could have led. Unfortunately, this sweeps her up into an even bigger adventure when she finds herself lost in the infinite worlds of the multiverse.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I saw this yesterday and I gotta say, I'm pretty excited. It looks bonkers and fun at the same time.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Everything Everywhere All at Once is a miraculous piece of cinema.

Without hyperbole, it's one of the best pieces of art and entertainment I've ever scene on the large screen.

Utterly inventive.

Incredible acting from everyone, but especially the leads Yeoh, Quan, and Hsu. Infinitely true for Michelle Yeoh.

Fantastic direction and cinematography. Outstanding editing.

If this movie swept awards it would not be undeserved.

If you have a day off go see it: if you are working call in sick and go see it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I’m trying to see it tomorrow but I’m not sure if the timing works with babysitting availability - it’s gonna be tight. Is there anything after the credits or can I bolt as soon as it ends?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The distribution of this is interesting and contrary to its title, not everywhere all at once. :biggrin:

In my town, it's only going to be here through Monday April 11th (or maybe the schedule doesn't go out further than that).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
In my town, it's only going to be here through Monday April 11th (or maybe the schedule doesn't go out further than that).
You're right on the second part of your point. Showtimes for for upcoming huge blockbusters (like Doctor Strange) are scheduled in advance. But generally speaking, movie theaters finalize their showtimes on a weekly basis. There is almost no way it would close after a single weekend unless it totally bombs. They just haven't finalized showtimes for next week yet. This is perfectly normal and should not be a source of concern.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Everything Everywhere All at Once is a miraculous piece of cinema.

Without hyperbole, it's one of the best pieces of art and entertainment I've ever scene on the large screen.

Utterly inventive.

Incredible acting from everyone, but especially the leads Yeoh, Quan, and Hsu. Infinitely true for Michelle Yeoh.

Fantastic direction and cinematography. Outstanding editing.

If this movie swept awards it would not be undeserved.

Did you like Swiss Army Man? Based on the reviews, I'm probably seeing Everything... either way but I really hated Swiss Army Man so I'm just curious if you're a fan of their previous movie.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I’m trying to see it tomorrow but I’m not sure if the timing works with babysitting availability - it’s gonna be tight. Is there anything after the credits or can I bolt as soon as it ends?
Unfortunately I can't say. My showing ended at 9:10 pm and there was another showing starting right at 9:15 pm. So the theatre made the bad decision to just shut down the movie unceremoniously about 2 minutes into the credit crawl. I think they showed too many trailers or something.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unfortunately I can't say. My showing ended at 9:10 pm and there was another showing starting right at 9:15 pm. So the theatre made the bad decision to just shut down the movie unceremoniously about 2 minutes into the credit crawl. I think they showed too many trailers or something.
I think that's probably a violation of their exhibition contract with the studio. Given all the union rules that require everyone that even whispers the title of the movie to appear in the end credits, I'd think it's in the exhibition contract that the film must be shown in its entirety to the end of the credits.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think that's probably a violation of their exhibition contract with the studio. Given all the union rules that require everyone that even whispers the title of the movie to appear in the end credits, I'd think it's in the exhibition contract that the film must be shown in its entirety to the end of the credits.
Yeah but in reality, nothing would come of it even if they found out.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
It was sort of amateur hour at my showing. The projector wasn't turned on at all for the pre-show nonsense (ads, etc.), then too many trailers (I think it there were eight!), then the audio dropped for a bit during the final trailer. I suspect they were training new staff.

Not an excuse: just an explanation. I pay to see an entire movie, including the credits. I watch and enjoy the credits for every movie I see, including at home on disc and streaming (and I hate when streaming services give you only 4 seconds to scramble and grab the remote to choose "watch credits"). I was a bit peeved at what happened. Especially since the movie is so glorious and the cast and crew deserve to be recognized.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert

No such thing exists.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If that were the case, it seems like most theaters wouldn't bother to show them. Save on projector lamps and electricity and get people to leave the theater faster.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I know of someone who saw a sneak peek of this a few weeks ago. He couldn't wait to see it again and got invited to a special showing last night. Says he liked it even more the second time.

Mark

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
If that were the case, it seems like most theaters wouldn't bother to show them. Save on projector lamps and electricity and get people to leave the theater faster.

Hell, the studios themselves disrespect their own content creators on their streaming services when they shrink the final credits of all their programs in a rush to move you to the next bit of content - a practice I despise since you can't even disable it.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Hell, the studios themselves disrespect their own content creators on their streaming services when they shrink the final credits of all their programs in a rush to move you to the next bit of content - a practice I despise since you can't even disable it.
Yeah, there's no profile setting that you can set to have them just play the credits through, and that sucks. At least all of the platforms I subscribe to will let you "swipe right" to continue watching the credits instead of going to the next thing they want you to watch. It still ruins the experience, but at least it can be done.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, there's no profile setting that you can set to have them just play the credits through, and that sucks. At least all of the platforms I subscribe to will let you "swipe right" to continue watching the credits instead of going to the next thing they want you to watch. It still ruins the experience, but at least it can be done.
You would think after two years I would learn to be ready with the remote, but I'm constantly jumping to grab it and swipe in time before they move me on to the next thing!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks