What's new

Junk E-mail Removal: A Scam? (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I agree that it's junk mail. But the difference is that unlike postal mailboxes, WE pay for the spammers postage. WE pay the storage fees for this garbage. They don't. Plus, I don't own my post office mailbox. I do, however, own my e-mail account. It's mine to do with as I see fit. Why should I miss mail from a friend because my inbox is full of spam? What if a business can't receive an important e-mail because their mail servers are flooded with spam? Who pays for the time wasted having to sort this crap? Not the spammers. If I don't want to receive crap like this in MY e-mail account that I own, what gives them the right to continue sending me this crap and then sticking ME with the storage costs? Now do you see my point? My e-mail server and account, much like my home, is MY property. End of story.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
WE pay the storage fees for this garbage. They don't.
I had this as a rant on a website for which I write (not my own). I had a guy who is the director of IT at the ISP where he works tell me that his ISP spends about $10,000 in disk storage upgrades to handle the f@$&^%#ing spam that he gets. TEN THOUSAND A YEAR in order to store spam, and this is spam that gets BEYOND their spam-catching software!

I can only imagine how much the big companies like AOL, Earthlink, and other ISPs pay for their storage due to spam!

And guess what, boys and girls, if you think that these companies are going to sit back and absorb the costs, you're full of it! These costs will always -- ALWAYS -- end up trickling down to the customers. This flow of sewage on our dollars has to be stopped and those responsible need a bullet in the head!!

** sigh **

Yes, I'm just about as anti-spam and I am anti-pan-and-scan, as if you couldn't tell.

"Just delete it." Oh, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks